Sign in to follow this  
Nerokk

Free Faction Change Event!

Greetings esteemed Excalibur players,

Due to overwhelming support for the popular 'free faction change event' as well as to improve H:A ratios: we are enacting free faction changes from *Horde to Alliance* for 48 hours from April 28th-29th!

Please be sure to read up on all the changes that come with switching your faction because the process is not reversible! Also, please note that if you did not receive the mounts/PvP trinkets for your new faction just make a website/in-game support ticket and request for them there.

The free switch will be made available on the 27th at 11:59 PM server time and will last until the 29th 11:59 server time.

Regards,
The ExWoW Staff

• Like 4

Please double-check - it is Horde to Alliance @Olana. This is to improve the Horde to Alliance ratios as Horde is more dominant on Excalibur. You are still free to purchase a faction change the opposite direction on our store.

Yes sorry wanted to say that :D i was distracted with something and i did not noticed.Wanted to know why only horde to alliance.Thanks ^^

5 hours ago, Nerokk said:

Please double-check - it is Horde to Alliance @Olana. This is to improve the Horde to Alliance ratios as Horde is more dominant on Excalibur. You are still free to purchase a faction change the opposite direction on our store.

If i may offer a suggestion- if you could figure out how to keep Faction rep intact when someone does a faction transfer (like for heroic dungeon keys Thrallmar<->honor hold or the Maghar<->kurenai) that would be great. Nothing would suck more than having to grind up twice on the same character (esp if you were exalted). Or doing heroics yesterday then faction change and then signing up for heroic today only to realize you have to buy the key again. Or at the very least allowing people to request a GM to give them instant honored rep after faction change. Oh yeah- and what happens if they were wearing GEAR that required reputation to buy before the faction change? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Merkavely said:

I'm really looking forward to being a Nelf again =) and its fo free!!!

do it ! :D

Yea playing Horde was fun but I'm going back to the light side, I miss my front flips too much 😋😋

when switching from horde to alliance, does any rep suffer? apart from obvious Alliance/Horde factions rep? 

thanx!

No,the  scryers/aldor for example remain the same.Also for Hellfire Heroics you will need to have Honored on Alliance too beacause if you have the horde key you cant enter in heroic mode.Hope it helps ^^

Well since its for the better of the server, meaning the ratio and shit, could we swap our rep for the opposite? I'm gunna lose all my epics hahahah. I mean like Thrallmar rep for Honor Hold etc..

On 4/16/2018 at 12:28 AM, Nerokk said:

Greetings esteemed Excalibur players,

Due to overwhelming support for the popular 'free faction change event' as well as to improve H:A ratios: we are enacting free faction changes from *Horde to Alliance* for 48 hours from April 28th-29th!

Please be sure to read up on all the changes that come with switching your faction because the process is not reversible! Also, please note that if you did not receive the mounts/PvP trinkets for your new faction just make a website/in-game support ticket and request for them there.

The free switch will be made available on the 27th at 11:59 PM server time and will last until the 29th 11:59 server time.

Regards,
The ExWoW Staff

It seems that the server wants to inactive all of the activities of the Alliance and the Horde factions can with together(like invites ,trades &...).isn't it??!!
I hope it won't happen because it will be broke the server popularity.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:54 PM, maxerica said:

If i may offer a suggestion- if you could figure out how to keep Faction rep intact when someone does a faction transfer (like for heroic dungeon keys Thrallmar<->honor hold or the Maghar<->kurenai) that would be great. Nothing would suck more than having to grind up twice on the same character (esp if you were exalted). Or doing heroics yesterday then faction change and then signing up for heroic today only to realize you have to buy the key again. Or at the very least allowing people to request a GM to give them instant honored rep after faction change. Oh yeah- and what happens if they were wearing GEAR that required reputation to buy before the faction change? 

Players will have to grind the reputation they want again as each faction has their own quests and rewards. As for gear, if you were wearing gear that required a reputation that does not apply to the opposite faction, you should not be able to wear that gear. We will, of course, exchange PvP faction specific items such as the Medallion of the Horde/Alliance for you.

3 hours ago, Merkavely said:

Well since its for the better of the server, meaning the ratio and shit, could we swap our rep for the opposite? I'm gunna lose all my epics hahahah. I mean like Thrallmar rep for Honor Hold etc..

No, you will have to grind the reputation. This event acts just the same as if you were to faction change otherwise, it is simply for free!

21 minutes ago, druidtauren said:

It seems that the server wants to inactive all of the activities of the Alliance and the Horde factions can with together(like invites ,trades &...).isn't it??!!
I hope it won't happen because it will be broke the server popularity.

Not entirely sure what you are referring to here? We are certainly not looking to make Alliance inactive, as this is a free faction change to Alliance!

I have a Horde Shammy. Alliance mage. Would love to switch the 2. However this is only from Horde - Alliance thus I will not be participating at all.

I want to ask about faction change and this seems as quite appropriate place:
1. Quests, as for example Onyxia attunement, are different for Horde and Alliance. When I completed it on Horde and gained whatever rewards from quests can I also do them on Alliance side since the quest chain is entirely different and lets say have 2 Drakefire amulets ?

2. I have "Conqueror" title which is for exalted with all horde BGs, If I go to Alliance does my ally BG rep gets to exalted or stays at neutral and I ll just get "justicar" or can I keep "Conqueror" and if in possible future I decide to go back to Horde will my reps will be restored or again just the title will change

3. Then in faction change rules it says I ll get my mounts replaced by Alliance counterparts, is there a key taht lets say for Black war kodo I get Black war mechanostrider or how does this work ? And again lets say Im Nelf, I get all pvp mounts, will I get all of the Horde ones (even Hawkstrider, Skeletal warhorse) when going tauren ?

8 hours ago, Toren said:

I want to ask about faction change and this seems as quite appropriate place:
1. Quests, as for example Onyxia attunement, are different for Horde and Alliance. When I completed it on Horde and gained whatever rewards from quests can I also do them on Alliance side since the quest chain is entirely different and lets say have 2 Drakefire amulets ?

2. I have "Conqueror" title which is for exalted with all horde BGs, If I go to Alliance does my ally BG rep gets to exalted or stays at neutral and I ll just get "justicar" or can I keep "Conqueror" and if in possible future I decide to go back to Horde will my reps will be restored or again just the title will change

3. Then in faction change rules it says I ll get my mounts replaced by Alliance counterparts, is there a key taht lets say for Black war kodo I get Black war mechanostrider or how does this work ? And again lets say Im Nelf, I get all pvp mounts, will I get all of the Horde ones (even Hawkstrider, Skeletal warhorse) when going tauren ?

1 - You can complete the quest chain, however, the Drakefire Amulet is unique, so you can only carry one on you.
2 - You will keep any titles you have earned, regardless of faction. So after the faction change, you would still have the Conqueror title.

3 - Currently, GMs will manually replace the mount(s) you have. The GM will contact you asking which mounts you would like specifically. 

Just to note: you will keep all of your attunements after a faction change!

• Thanks 1

Ironically Sorry Not Sorry has been dominating the bg's lately.  Good to have some old members back on-line. 

For the Alliance. 

And i was hoping to see some healers on alli side... :(

Meh, i think that was mistake from ExStaff. If it was limited, it will be better than present situation. I was several bgs after this event (ali and horde ofc) and both sides are messed up. This server is no more PVP. Only 1-2 Bgs at all time (playn' mornin' times and late nights too, sometimes spams bgs all day). Ppls leaving, afking if they saw the score or they are unable to do something in bgs. Both sides farms honors years for S2 items for start. I remember situation before this event on my balance druid (end of year 2017). I was full S2 with vindi and guard in 3 weeks and have same online time/spams bgs time. With shp, 5 days and have only insignia. Rly bad. Hope new players and old core stay cos of friends and social. But, thats not my situation. Maybe i will log on, but that server ends for me with PVP. Rly dont wanna farm honors and sit behind pc day and night for a week for 1 S2 item cos of leaving ppls, which they think the same.

7 minutes ago, Zumpa said:

Meh, i think that was mistake from ExStaff. If it was limited, it will be better than present situation. I was several bgs after this event (ali and horde ofc) and both sides are messed up. This server is no more PVP. Only 1-2 Bgs at all time (playn' mornin' times and late nights too, sometimes spams bgs all day). Ppls leaving, afking if they saw the score or they are unable to do something in bgs. Both sides farms honors years for S2 items for start. I remember situation before this event on my balance druid (end of year 2017). I was full S2 with vindi and guard in 3 weeks and have same online time/spams bgs time. With shp, 5 days and have only insignia. Rly bad. Hope new players and old core stay cos of friends and social. But, thats not my situation. Maybe i will log on, but that server ends for me with PVP. Rly dont wanna farm honors and sit behind pc day and night for a week for 1 S2 item cos of leaving ppls, which they think the same.

I am sorry to hear that, but it is these things are what you said they are - your opinion. Not facts.

The facts were that the population of horde was bigger, we had to balance it out. It worked in the past, I don't see how faction change makes people afk, leave or get less honor.

It's true, there is a  big social side on this game and this patch specifically.  But to announce that this is no longer a pvp server is rather strong. Nothing really changed. You seem more unhappy about the community behaviors. 

What could be done about people "afking" would be a different topic. If you have ideas how to improve rules, please make suggestions on forums.

Can't stop people from leaving though - its their right to not stay at something that they consider a waste of time, that is causing them negative feelings or simply bore them, this isn't a rated bg - you do not lose rating from such behavior.

Don't blame the faction change...

I am blaming faction change, cos every side had their afkers, and leavers. But, when i was playing on horde before faction change, aliance had much less afkers. So afkers and leavers was balanced for both sides (true, my opinion for 6 months playing both sides pvp). AV -  Ali side, counts afkers on both hands, horde side - leavers, WSG - much horde players switch side to ali, and this bgs is set up for trully pvp, so this bg is rly for equipped and brained ppl, never saw horde win (10v10) this bg after faction change cos on horde side left unequipped players which have hard to get Honor points for S2, especially marks for equip. EOS - balanced in my opinion.

Balanced .. if you have 6 apples, and your brother have only 4, you give him 1 apple, so both have 5 apples. This is balance. Balance, like ExStaff did, was, hey brother, take how much apples you want. So first brother (6 apples) left win 1 apple and other brother (4 apple) left almost with all apples. That how ExStaff did it for that faction change. This is mistake in my eyes.

But, against charts and race distribution, Aliance 7779 : Horde 10000. So it doesn't help that much. How many of them are active? I can't gues. It could be reversed, active players was almost balanced, and now is unbalanced for horde or ali. And other reason, most guilds focusing on PVE than PVP. PVE on this server is in MASSIVELY BRILLIANT CONDITION.

So, I don't want to vote down the server, give him a few weeks. Maybe it will be better.