MrAladeen

Transfers and more

I need a question. I have tried light's hope feature on Atlantis, and it says: The archive does not contain file signature.der. Please download a new transfer file from Light's Hope website and try again.

Archive I downloaded here has "signature.sh512" file, not .der. Any suggestions?

53 minutes ago, Klozgripkraser said:

I need a question. I have tried light's hope feature on Atlantis, and it says: The archive does not contain file signature.der. Please download a new transfer file from Light's Hope website and try again.

Archive I downloaded here has "signature.sh512" file, not .der. Any suggestions?

What did you expect? To transfer Excalibur toon through a different server tool?

Lights Hope has opened transfers toward Atlantiss but we have no connection like that.

If you want to transfer your toons from Lights Hope onto Atlantiss I think you should ask Atlantiss Staff about it.

I did some little research on TBC Servers and which would be adequate for us, I was looking for a server with Shop, TBC, English and Low population (would mean they need us).

I found two servers that fit what I am looking for:

https://www.dkpminus.com/wow/private-servers/burning-crusade/elysium-stormrage/

Avg. Population
0-100

Style
Blizzlike

Language
English

Rates
x1

Type
PVP

Shop

https://www.dkpminus.com/wow/private-servers/burning-crusade/smolderforge/

Avg. Population
0-100

Style
Blizzlike

Language
English

Rates
Instant 70

Type
PVP

Shop
Gear

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, Carebot said:

I did some little research on TBC Servers and which would be adequate for us, I was looking for a server with Shop, TBC, English and Low population (would mean they need us).

Avg. Population
0-100

Style
Blizzlike

Language
English

Rates
x1

Type
PVP

Shop

Avg. Population
0-100

Style
Blizzlike

Language
English

Rates
Instant 70

Type
PVP

Shop
Gear

I dunno, I'd rather find a server with population numbers that are not around the same as week before the announcement of closure of excal.

1 hour ago, nurman said:

I dunno, I'd rather find a server with population numbers that are not around the same as week before the announcement of closure of excal.

Well then you have wotlk and other expansions that could possible take us in, as you can see tbc servere with 500+ dont give a flying crap about us, why would they? Their population is not that low to accept an overgeared mass of players

On 07.03.2020 at 5:33 PM, Carebot said:

Avg. Population
0-100

Style
Blizzlike

Language
English

Rates
x1

Type
PVP

Shop

Avg. Population
0-100

Style
Blizzlike

Language
English

Rates
Instant 70

Type
PVP

Shop
Gear

I'd join smolderforge , they also have character transfer service and logically they might accept us

any kinda server that would take these toons as they are would be a go for as long as its a tbc.

Wotlk is only a backup plan. Our toons other than riding at max skill have no use on shit king expansion. other than only lvling 10 lvls and gaining a small benefit of havig good gear while lvling up that will be instantly going to waste even before lvl 80 our toons will be serving like zero purpose at all at any other expansion thats not our beloved TBC.

All thats left for us is to just talk with other server admins ourselves cause gms here kinda chose only 1 option thats easiest for grabs like i thought they would go for  - that means wotlk and i very much doubt it that they were looking for a possible transfer towards any tbc realm.

Basically we are left with the job ourselves.

smolderforge is an instant 70 arena like server with t5 and s3 startergear. t6 and swp gear are on vendors in the mall for badges of justice. swp is closed and t6 is hardly scripted as far as i know its  not the focus of the server. you dont need a transfer to smolderforge just roll there now if you want you'll be almost bis in a week its a funserver

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gejzer said:

any kinda server that would take these toons as they are would be a go for as long as its a tbc.

Wotlk is only a backup plan.

Well I wish it was like that, how is it going for you? Any luck finding a tbc server that want us? You contacted them?

17 hours ago, Gejzer said:

Basically we are left with the job ourselves.

True, on the other hand any effort they do for us right now is their good will, they are not indebted to any of us to help us, the server could have had closed anytime, well it did I know and they could have just said "bye bye c ya was fun, play on a different server Excalibur is over"

What could you do about that? NOTHING. Instead they gave us a tool to more or less salvage our toons and if someone has the skills and funds to continue Excalibur, he can! They could have had been assholes about this situation and not bother with us at all, just like most servers would/did in the past, they just close.

Take for example Nostalrius, they closed the server after Blizzard law attacks, did they offer people a tool to transfer their toons? Nop, good bye c ya it was fun, hope you continue playing wow! 1 year later Elysium happened etc. but it was not planned at shut down.

Posted (edited)

Hello adults, I'm an 8-year old kid and I'm covid-19 positive; am I going to live to see my character transferred to the fancy wotlk realm or should I update my will as I'm going to leave this silly world before the transfer happens?

Signed: Timmy, I'm 8 I think, if you need anything off me just sort it out with my secretary, erhm, I mean Mom.

Danke,

best regards,

dwarfrogue, human priest

Edited by dwarfrogue
  • Haha 1

8 year old dont even give sign of being infected because of strong imunity , elderly people are the one that die from it, so dont worry 

People with blood oxygen saturation level below  95% are not engaging in any activities especially not writing bullshit on forums. Don't worry, this kid is perfectly fine.

You forgot to tell youre a 8 year old boy traped in a 30 year old body i mean thats kinda true for most guys. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dwarfrogue said:

You guys, the three of you, you make me sad.

I see a dead angel in the raid again.

Posted (edited)

Hello.

I used to be an active hardcore raider in past on Excalibur. I wanted to return recently only to find out that the server been closed which is a downer. The character transfer tool seemed like a great option untill i found out its for a WotLK server and they havent even made it work yet.. after 4 weeks now. So i have come up with my own solution that maybe some of you would like to participate in aswell. 

Awhile ago i started playing on a 5-man TBC server. The scripting and tuning for this are excellent, and some minor tweaks have been made to make classes/specs viable since its fewer classes per raid. An example is druid have a normal ress since its the only healer in the raid, or you can get all the necessary class buffs from a vendor at start of every raid. This is to compensate you dont have 20 other ppl and every class per raid. There are other changes like an upscaled Zul'farrak dungeon and so on. So its not completly "blizzlike" but dear god its refreshing with something new added. That was the reason i stopped playing here to begin with, same old raids over and over again. The GM's are insanly active and helpful.. i dont think ive ever waited more than 5 min to get help. The GM's have other plans aswell to implement new things to keep the server intresting.

Now i understand some of you will say "it will not be the 25 man experince we like" which is true, but on the other hand you will have a guild to socialize with as usual. Accouple really positive things about this is, you dont need 25 man! You and accouple of buddies can raid whenever you want, you dont have to follow a strict raiding scheduele. Another positive thing is, you dont need 25 man! During peak today was around 400 ppl online, to get the same number of raid teams on a 25 man server it would equal 2000 ppl. Its also crossfaction so you chose whatever race you want.

Ive been talking to the server owner if it would be possible for a migration over there, and he agreed to consider if he could get in touch with Aladeen here and have a chatt. Ive sent a PM to Aladeen and hope he will see it and respond (or if you know some other way to contact him?). I will provide a link to the server so you guys have the ability to check it out yourself. Its instant 70 and you get some green gear, thats it. Everything else you have to work for!

https://tbc5man.com/

I hope i might see some of you there if this turns out to work out. 

Regards, Praxie - Resto shaman!

Edited by Praxie
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well  i heard that. But well if its  not a revival but fresh - cba getting to ,,freshcal"

Posted (edited)

@Gejzer theres more to it than just being fresh, hint word “archive” but if you cant be bothered trying to find more its your loss :)

Edit: Also probably going to play our toons on PTR of the new server.  

Edited by Carebot

@Carebot

any news regarding the new owners of the server and their respective plans? im kinda desperate to find information, because im bored in quarantine.

OMG

@carebot : u mean there is a chance that excal wiil come back (thogh with another name) with all our chars intact ? omg omg omg

13 hours ago, sharpshooter said:

OMG

@carebot : u mean there is a chance that excal wiil come back (thogh with another name) with all our chars intact ? omg omg omg

The new server will be a fresh one.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:10 AM, Keritous said:

The new server will be a fresh one.

Later there will be an archive realm and eventually we will get to play Exc toons there. 

• NotLikeThis 1

On 3/20/2020 at 3:45 PM, Carebot said:

@Praxie the server script was bought and work is being put in reviving Exc.

Too little too late.  The damage is done.  The brand is unrecoverable after what his majesty did. 

And rightfully so. 

Leave it dead and move on with your lives. 

I'm becoming a monk IRL. 

God speed