MrAladeen

Transfers and more

On 2/28/2020 at 9:02 PM, Giantbooger said:

Can we get an updated ETA for this tool? :)

It's up, there is a page with a usage guide for developers. 

2 hours ago, MrAladeen said:

It's up, there is a page with a usage guide for developers. 

Are we going to get info on when we can import characters to some servers in this thread?

The page needs to be refreshed otherwise is showing old white one. Not sure if someone asked already. 1: if i transfer 1 char to Dalaran can later transfer same char to other server eventually? 2: Do we need to save somewhere our characters on our HDDs or we can trust this link or whatever is i haven't clicked yet?

Anyway im playing(casually for now) atm on Endless and i like it more than NW (even with shitty custom changes damn) Im rogue Steel if someone have good pve progressive guild horde I can join. Yeah no one needs rogue iknow :D

• Haha 1

Azelen told me on world chat the toons dont get deleted from Exc when transfered. 

@Mastercry

but i guess a forum post about it would help

• Like 1

U for real? Lvling horde with 50 online at horde side there? U must be joking. Horde hax XP 1 rates 1-70 alliance has xp 5 rates increase honor and reputation gain...

U really think Endless will survive longer than NW? U must be joking ;p

Has anyone tried Warmane TBC? It seems they also have a shop, so there shouldn't be an issue with transferring toons due to P2W as they sell glaives from what I've read. The only issue I see is that the population is around 100, but I haven't checked during peak hours. Realistically though, we had a low population on Excal and I think most of us agree that it wasn't that bad, except maybe for the ones that were around when it had 1000+. That being said, I don't expect the population to grow larger than a few hundred. Again, I haven't done much research on the server, but I believe they have larger rates than Excal which might deter some players. Might be something to look into if they haven't already said no elsewhere in the post.

Actually that would be wisest moves of them all to transfer it all to warmane. Shitloads of guilds would just move there and continue raiding as if nothing had happened. We would get the toons back to where they belong not to some shite like wotlk ;p

7 hours ago, Gejzer said:

Actually that would be wisest moves of them all to transfer it all to warmane. Shitloads of guilds would just move there and continue raiding as if nothing had happened. We would get the toons back to where they belong not to some shite like wotlk ;p

I would suggest attempting to reach out to them and pointing them to our guide.

10 hours ago, Reizendfalke said:

I asked Warmane and they said they do not do character transfers from other servers

It's just a proof that they don't care about their server. All they wanted was easy cash for glaives, this server is pure garbage in every aspect of the game and hence it has 100 players online on TBC realm. Why would you even want to go there?

• Agree 1
  • SeemsGood 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bon said:

It's just a proof that they don't care about their server. All they wanted was easy cash for glaives, this server is pure garbage in every aspect of the game and hence it has 100 players online on TBC realm. Why would you even want to go there?

I mean, Excal had 200 players so was it a piece of garbage as well? Didn't the owner of Excal want easy cash so they discounted the items on the shop and then announced the closure 2 weeks later? It's usually always about money. Just because the owner might be a piece of trash doesn't mean the server itself is. Head GM's can turn the tide of things, as we saw with Excal. Sadly, they couldn't save it.

That being said, I don't care if it is about money. I don't mind donating to a server that still has the players interests in mind, but the way Excal closed was deceitful and will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by Daelroth

16 hours ago, Reizendfalke said:

I asked Warmane and they said they do not do character transfers from other servers

Thanks for asking, Reiz. I believe that was our only shot of a TBC server that would accept us under very few stipulations.

• Agree 1

hi,

netherwing already rejected your offer i guess. there were all toxic people demanding owners not to babysit players from excalibur. lol 

Hello, this is gona be my first comment after Exca shutdown- just wanna give my view of this current situation. 
to me it looks like staff did 20% of work- like gave you an opportunity to download character , and what now? You litteraly just gave us chance to download useless scripts that no one will want to accept, players wanted to get a chance to save their toons and all you did is let them DL toons?! And what now? I should go beg other servers to accept them? I had a great time on this server and we all knew this is coming to an end but i never tought after so many years of expirience you will let your community like this. 
as some of the fellow players said it leaves a really bitter taste the say you handled all this. From start ( leaking in Info about shutdown Two weeks before official announcment) till the end ( we are working towards transfers - YEAH RIGHT)

• Agree 1

Why not put the TBC game code on GITHUB or something and let someone else take over. It seems like such a waste to throw really good scripting away when ppl seems like they want to take over (with or with another brand)?

2 hours ago, andyhug said:

Why not put the TBC game code on GITHUB or something and let someone else take over. It seems like such a waste to throw really good scripting away when ppl seems like they want to take over (with or with another brand)?

It was mentioned that some1 with the necessary knowledge could continue it but theres required experience, candidates can contact @MrAladeen about it. 

8 hours ago, Daelroth said:

I mean, Excal had 200 players so was it a piece of garbage as well? Didn't the owner of Excal want easy cash so they discounted the items on the shop and then announced the closure 2 weeks later? It's usually always about money. Just because the owner might be a piece of trash doesn't mean the server itself is. Head GM's can turn the tide of things, as we saw with Excal. Sadly, they couldn't save it.

I recommend you read the leak

Head GM said they spoke about closing with the owner 2 weeks after new year in the leak, it was not mentioned to be decided before discount.

also who said owner demanded a discount? It may as well be head gm doing it, didnt see anywhere it was said owner asked for it but I did see he was inactive. 

Not saying it was a good idea just trying to put some facts in this story. 

I've been trying to transfer to Dalaran, but there's nothing I can find on the site that addresses the issue, except this forum post https://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/news-and-rules/suggestions-and-opinions/topic/12612/is-it-true-that-excalibur-characters-will-move-here. If anyone has been able to go to dalaran yet, can you tell me where to find their end of this transfer tool?

@Giantbooger

Dalaran Staff post 

Hello, 

Yes, after some talks with Excalibur staff we have agreed to offer transfers to their players, although we need some time in order to provide a system that will be fair and respect as much as possible the work from Excalibur and Algalon's players.

We are still discussing the details, but we will perform an announcement when everything is settled.

Cheers!

2 weeks ago

18 hours ago, Carebot said:

I recommend you read the leak

Head GM said they spoke about closing with the owner 2 weeks after new year in the leak, it was not mentioned to be decided before discount.

also who said owner demanded a discount? It may as well be head gm doing it, didnt see anywhere it was said owner asked for it but I did see he was inactive. 

Not saying it was a good idea just trying to put some facts in this story. 

I read the (a?) leak, and Vitiate mentioned that they close the donations since their was an agreement to close the server. That didn't happen, so my statement still stands. I enjoyed the server, but I didn't expect them to become greedy at the very end and screw their players over. Ultimately, the owner would get the final decision. Whether or not they cared enough to input an answer is another question.

14 hours ago, Carebot said:

@Giantbooger

Dalaran Staff post 

Hello, 

Yes, after some talks with Excalibur staff we have agreed to offer transfers to their players, although we need some time in order to provide a system that will be fair and respect as much as possible the work from Excalibur and Algalon's players.

We are still discussing the details, but we will perform an announcement when everything is settled.

Cheers!

2 weeks ago

I am somewhat happy that the players who are not picky about the expansion will be able to save their progress and move on towards WOTLK, however I have played on Dalaran and won't be partaking if that's the only destination. The server itself is decent for WOTLK content, but I believe many players will dislike the class changes in 3.3.5.

Also, as a side note for players willing to transfer, if you're NA, be careful when downloading the WOTLK client. I have Cox internet and I received a notice of infringement strike against me for copyright. Nothing major, but I'd suggest downloading the client through a VPN. Once it's downloaded,  delete it out of your torrent software so it doesn't try to seed further data. Running the client will not cause any issues.

• Agree 1

What do u think about smolderforge server? it's an istant 70 pvp server, full s3 at start, with a quiet good online and active bg/arenas for pvp server. It might  be a good option for those of us who have already full geared characters and dont want join wotlk servers ...

https://www.smolderforge.com/site/ 

• NotLikeThis 1

hi, your local dictator here to address some concerns.

On 3/3/2020 at 5:39 PM, KGBagent said:

Hello, this is gona be my first comment after Exca shutdown- just wanna give my view of this current situation. 
to me it looks like staff did 20% of work- like gave you an opportunity to download character , and what now? You litteraly just gave us chance to download useless scripts that no one will want to accept, players wanted to get a chance to save their toons and all you did is let them DL toons?! And what now? I should go beg other servers to accept them? I had a great time on this server and we all knew this is coming to an end but i never tought after so many years of expirience you will let your community like this. 
as some of the fellow players said it leaves a really bitter taste the say you handled all this. From start ( leaking in Info about shutdown Two weeks before official announcment) till the end ( we are working towards transfers - YEAH RIGHT)

We don't really have hotlines with other servers. Downloading your characters is actually the best thing we could offer, now other servers can freely use choose to import (parts of) our characters whilst also leaving the choice to do so with you, the player. Our players likely have a better understanding of where they want to migrate to then us, this way you can bring up the case and another server can potentially bring new players by offering to import our old ones. We advertise them in return. From my understanding Dalaran has committed to doing the transfers but need some more time to make script to import the data. Dalaran is also free to speak on our forum regarding the subject.
There are still some other very promising plans ongoing besides Dalaran that I know of, but I won't make promises/announcements on their behalf.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:02 PM, Daelroth said:

That being said, I don't care if it is about money. I don't mind donating to a server that still has the players interests in mind, but the way Excal closed was deceitful and will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Both the staff and my trash self had moved onto other priorities in life,  a collision of multiple events made our choice for us, our head staff could no longer commit the time, rather then start recruiting a new core team we chose to end it. Believe what you will but for me this is hobby and haven't seen a single penny for years, this always was about keeping it going with the staff and core dev team on board. up until the final decision (not just my say) it was business as usual, though I admit the timing is shit, my apologies, for some background information the costs have outweighed the income for some time now and it's not like our costs were that high.

On 3/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, Giantbooger said:

I've been trying to transfer to Dalaran, but there's nothing I can find on the site that addresses the issue, except this forum post https://www.dalaran-wow.com/forums/news-and-rules/suggestions-and-opinions/topic/12612/is-it-true-that-excalibur-characters-will-move-here. If anyone has been able to go to dalaran yet, can you tell me where to find their end of this transfer tool?

They are on it but need some time, I imagine they will make an official announcement one of these days themselves with a better indication of when it will be supported.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:51 PM, Daelroth said:

I read the (a?) leak, and Vitiate mentioned that they close the donations since their was an agreement to close the server. That didn't happen, so my statement still stands. I enjoyed the server, but I didn't expect them to become greedy at the very end and screw their players over. Ultimately, the owner would get the final decision. Whether or not they cared enough to input an answer is another question.

Instead a big red warning label was added, linking to the announcement. before then cancellation wasn't final, later on  there were also ongoing discussions of potential continuation we held back the initial post as it would have hurt the cause in which case maybe the shutdown wouldn't have been a shutdown, not like it helped with the leak and all.

• Confused 1
  • SeemsGood 2