MrAladeen

Transfers and more

Is there any chance that you release the source-code of the emulator in its current state as open-source? Github would be an ideal place to host it... :)

• Agree 1
  • SeemsGood 2

There's been players willing to pay to keep the server up, I dont see what would be the problem with giving one of them the data of the server.

You could say they are not aware of how much work it require but with enough money, they can pay people to deal with that for them and players could still donate to help the person with it.

It would probably be a low population small server for only people that have been playing on Excalibur before without any advertisement but people here would not care about that, as long as we can log on our toons and raid.

Who knows, maybe it would, with time rise up too.

You could also make an application form, for people to apply to take over the data, ask questions that matter and if the answers are satisfactory take it into consideration.

Edited by Carebot
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I updated the main post, if anyone knows of servers that might want to support a different method of facilitating unique sign up bonuses for having max level chars with us, that's fine too.

5 hours ago, Radi said:

Is there any chance that you release the source-code of the emulator in its current state as open-source? Github would be an ideal place to host it... :)

Not at this time, though anyone with a serious offer and some resources and know-how can contact me.
( if you are not a programmer or haven't compiled emulators before you're out, also not offering the excalibur brand )

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Kappa 1

11 hours ago, Keritous said:

What about titles, HKs and gold?

This info will be included in file. But it's up to accepting side to decide whether they want to use it or not.

• Skrrra 1

2 hours ago, nurman said:

Considering dalaranWOW has been mentioned, how populous is it?

Fluctuates between ~300-600 or so on one side depending on time of the day, can go beyond 700 per side at peak

• SeemsGood 1

the only server I can see accepting the saggy old characters from Excalibur is either an instant 70 server or a PVP-centered server. Trust me everyone, I want my seven level 70s to have a new home too. But its just not realistic unless either some of us get together and start our own server somehow, pay for the operating costs, etc - or, by some stroke of luck, some other group of passionate player-programmers picks up the Excal community, or yeah .... i mean, there is always a chance an existing server would accept, but its very very unlikely since in many ways it would be self-harming to do so

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Huntardation said:

Fluctuates between ~300-600 or so on one side depending on time of the day, can go beyond 700 per side at peak

I don't recommend that people immediately hop onto DalaranWow without seeing the other options first. It has some very good points like pretty solid scripting, active updates and decent gm ticket response time but there is a darkside. Dalaran server is full of extra gatekeeping methods. Free open world events for the holidays are gearcheck locked. For crown chemical company event, the boss loot has been moved to only inside of daily item AND you have to be Naxxramas 25 attuned(with completion achievement). Apparently this is done to curb those who buy instant characters from muddying the raid pool with bad skills. However, it means those that don't boost have to get carried even if they do the same weeks of heroics that live required. Not a horrible server but the extra gearchecks are obnoxious.

10 hours ago, Salarius said:

I don't recommend that people immediately hop onto DalaranWow without seeing the other options first. It has some very good points like pretty solid scripting, active updates and decent gm ticket response time but there is a darkside. Dalaran server is full of extra gatekeeping methods. Free open world events for the holidays are gearcheck locked. For crown chemical company event, the boss loot has been moved to only inside of daily item AND you have to be Naxxramas 25 attuned(with completion achievement). Apparently this is done to curb those who buy instant characters from muddying the raid pool with bad skills. However, it means those that don't boost have to get carried even if they do the same weeks of heroics that live required. Not a horrible server but the extra gearchecks are obnoxious.

The main purpose of that is not so much to filter out instant characters, but because it's a progression-based realm - this was more relevant when the realm was still actually going through progression, but since the progression system is still in place (have to go through Naxx - Ulduar - ToC - ICC in order; some people just get carried so they can join the ICC circlejerk right away) there is certain holiday loot that is locked behind progression in order to prevent people who haven't cleared the appropriate raid tier from acquiring items that are more powerful than what they'd normally have access to (though this doesn't quite explain why ICC and craftable BoEs are still available...). For example, the necklaces that drop from the Crown Chemical Company event are itemlevel 226, which is Ulduar-tier and thus require you to have cleared Naxx first. The Brewfest epic trinkets, however, are ilvl 200 and are available to everyone from the boss himself. 

• Doge 1

14 hours ago, maximumaxa said:

the only server I can see accepting the saggy old characters from Excalibur is either an instant 70 server or a PVP-centered server. Trust me everyone, I want my seven level 70s to have a new home too. But its just not realistic unless either some of us get together and start our own server somehow, pay for the operating costs, etc - or, by some stroke of luck, some other group of passionate player-programmers picks up the Excal community, or yeah .... i mean, there is always a chance an existing server would accept, but its very very unlikely since in many ways it would be self-harming to do so

I mostly just see it either being a funserver or a wotlk one. (I would like the latter since it would give a futher progress and a tbc into wotlk type of feeling)

On 20. 02. 2020. at 6:54 AM, iqa said:

u sound like a bitch bitch 

regardless i dont get why would people would want transfer so bad if its naked character or worst not even max lvl. 

thats maybe 2 3 weeks effort at most. 

what we actually want is to save our progress of playing on excal for years. 

now idk if you're trying to speak for all of us or not. but begging to be naked first is basically saying to every server that uve begged for to lower the standard for all of us. 

and btw, this is same for wotlk server. if we go wotlk, other than things like mount, we're basically naked. 

why wud they give us BiS toons? on a server were SWP is being relesed in 4 days? 
wotlik meybe will accept all your gear. bcz its usless and at lvl 71 u will change it. 
and gold will deffenitly not be moved with your toon. its a fact any server that does that is garbage.. since we all had milions of gold on excal.

Hey, you can use the addon altoholic to make a record of your characters. I grabbed a repack and was able to rebuild my toons and play them locally. Goodluck all!

• SeemsGood 1

10 hours ago, Bisquit said:

why wud they give us BiS toons? on a server were SWP is being relesed in 4 days? 
wotlik meybe will accept all your gear. bcz its usless and at lvl 71 u will change it. 
and gold will deffenitly not be moved with your toon. its a fact any server that does that is garbage.. since we all had milions of gold on excal.

I mean i get it that you said it to make them like you more. if you really care about t6.5 released you would want to be a t5-t6.

if it doesn't make sense then maybe don't ask. if you want to play there, why wouldn't you just play there? 

however if you go around asking to be naked, that's lowering the standard of all of us into a bunch of naked thots.

p/s - cant you see how they talk to you? if you don't care about u as an excal player, care for yourself as a person

anyhow yes, keeping gears in wotlk will be useless. these are all actually a bunch of bad news said in a careful twist.

however, gold can be cut down. or maybe erased and give a set amount to everyone.

they way i see it. try save our progress till it absolutely impossible to do so and just dump it all together and start over somewhere you prefer without the need to transfer anything.

why you might ask? bc our years of progress was the only reason why it should be saved in the first place.

what if a server accept you but make u naked and lvl 5? would you still go through the hassle?

well the difference between a lvl 5 and a lvl 60 isn't even that significant as compared to what you're asking for vs our real progress on the server.

regardless to what i just said though. realistically, none of these fresh server should accept us. they've not even proven they're worthy yet. i'd say the kind of server we should be transferred to would be one of those empty tbc server or servers that sells gear like warmane-outland. or as you can see how @MrAladeen is talking about this, maybe one of us can run smth similar to excal without just the branding.

this is absolutely not the time for us to be picky about where to go. excal is still one of the best tbc server out there regardless of how much we a fan of other server rn .

p/s maybe u want a transfer sometime in the future when all these servers cleared every content idk.

• Agree 2

Heck if they say pay to be able to get transferred with your gear, I will pay the fee haha

am playing there as many others are tho. and we dont need more then naked 60s end of story.

Does anyone know whats gold limit on transfer to dalaran? and also dalaran wow is our only option for transfer, nothing else in future?

So on March 11th, the sequel project to Lights Hope server is going live. Thier FAQ page seems to imply that they might take character transfers from us...

Character data from Symmetry, Light's Hope, and any other vanilla server that uses the same export protocol can come to play. We'll give more data on this later.

https://www.lightsvengeance.com/

Edited by Salarius
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Salarius said:

So on March 11th, the sequel project to Lights Hope server is going live. Thier FAQ page seems to imply that they might take character transfers from us...

Character data from Symmetry, Light's Hope, and any other vanilla server that uses the same export protocol can come to play. We'll give more data on this later.

https://www.lightsvengeance.com/

Calls itself a vanilla server but is actually a TBC one. Now that is confusing.

• Haha 1

Also, Endless project opens on the February 28th. I doubt they would be open to transfers until a few months in, but for those of us not willing to wait...

It's PVE x5 rates but no store planned, so items must be earned. Beta is open right now and seems pretty stable.  https://endless.gg/

:D

19 minutes ago, Salarius said:

Also, Endless project opens on the February 28th. I doubt they would be open to transfers until a few months in, but for those of us not willing to wait...

It's PVE x5 rates but no store planned, so items must be earned. Beta is open right now and seems pretty stable.  https://endless.gg/

:D

Many things looks nice like the armory and dual spec. But too much custom changes. Some are good but most are annoying, dont know where they discuss such shit to read whats the reason for doing some of them. And this faction balance shit... too much to handle

Edited by Mastercry
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mastercry said:

Many things looks nice like the armory and dual spec. But too much custom changes. Some are good but most are annoying, dont know where they discuss such shit to read whats the reason for doing some of them. And this faction balance shit... too much to handle

Indeed, those changes on endless.gg are hot garbage.

What a way to destroy the beloved tbc experience :S

2 hours ago, Mastercry said:

Agree, lets begin with all paladins having all seals (or at least Blood Seal I heard about) lol wtf 

• Sad 1