MrAladeen

All good things

Many thanks to every1, specialy Harddickkisipi, Vikiz, Aktala, Hotfist, Kaikush, Augustus and Kukawka.
Eternal Glory to Trade Guard! ya boi Pearl is prob gonna start from scratch on warmane BC server if no trasfers accour. =))) Also thanks on Excalibur staff for making a top shit blizzlike server!

20 hours ago, Gejzer said:

Sigh guess i have to repeat myself over and over.

Whats left is to judge your actions. And nothing else. Players have already moved elsewhere myself included and all that we are actually interested is  what well be left with. No one will say a word about where to well only see for ourselves if its a worthy move to go along with what you will have in store for us or just go somewhere else that most of us have already chosen i guess.

No hard feelings its just gonna be like that ;p  

I think you're finally picking up what I'm putting down. 

• Sad 1

Hey hey, stopping in for reasons two fold.

To check on the current calamity... pun intended

& to present where I'll be going in the next couple months.

I stumped across FFXIV and some backstory into the failure and rebirth from 1.0 to 2.0.  The story is nothing short of miraculous!  How Yoshi P was brought into try and save 1.0 but ultimately realizing it was a lost cause.  Yet the core was not abandoned... Instead the team provided updates for the last 6 months while starting a brand new 2.0!  A Realm Reborn.

What would subsequently happen involved writing the servers eventual shutdown on Nov 11 2012 into the lore of the game itself!  As each patch came out, the second moon mentioned through previous stories, eventually got bigger and closer as the deadline neared.  Players that had logged out at an inn for some time returned to a haunting dream sequence that showed all your allies disappearing and your ultimate death.  Nov 1st hit with patch 1.23b.  At this point the moon was so close that it affected weather with lightning and storms, you could make out its man made structure as well and a haunting melody with lyrics while GM's spawned bosses for all out invasion played in echos to players dismay.  What a sight that would have been! 

Here are the last minutes as recorded by a legacy player.  As some players chose to form lines at the cities gates to fend off these monsters, other took refuge in the world to watch the impending doom that was unavoidable.  Truly haunting...

AS THE SERVER WENT OFFLINE, THE TRAILER AT 5:00 MARK PLAYED...  and 2.0 would not return until August the following year 2013. 

This CGI masterpiece would mark the end of 1.0 in a blaze of glory that brought tears to fans all around the world. 

Nothing like this has ever been done before.  Like I said, a miracle.  You can find the complete history of FFXIV in 2 separate documentaries by "NOCLIP" and "SPEAKERS NETWORK" on YouTube.  "In a Nutshell" did a funny parody as well.   

Currently FFXIV trails behind WoW, yet has only gotten better with each Expansion from Heavensward, Stormblood to Shadowbringers today. 

As soon as I plan out a new PC, I'll be joining the land of Eorzea for epic adventures and graphics. 

I hope some found this informative and helpful.  I figured it would be fitting since we're on the theme of realms ending.  :D

A main draw for many people is the community.  Not to mention the glamor knocks transmog out of the park.  People say it's night and day with wow.  Should be interesting. 

I'm going to leave this last trailer here for the Stormblood expansion as it hits all the good feels. 

I'm sure you can all find current reviews and starter guides as I have recently.  Godspeed!

Edited by Deplorable
  • Agree 1

It took over a decade for so many bugs and scripts to be fixed that its truly a shame to see all that hard work go to waste...

Thanks to Excalibur for the time here! And special thanks to Dissonance for the raids.. I will miss it! I dont feel that im done with TBC and my hope for a chance to tranfer is that the staff comes to an agreement with Netherwing.. What does Excal have to offer in return for the players to be allowed to transfer? Well - as allmost everyone have already stated this is the best scripted server and Netherwing is about to launch SWP.. Ofc Netherwing is not interested in being overfloated with full BIS players so a maximum of gear, gold, honor, rep etc. is should be set, but full naked transfer is not the only option.. Atleast thats my dream :)

Thanks again @everyone 

@MrAladeen

@Manaruby

Hey Dictator and GM's,

I think its not the time to shut down the server, Many people will retire from Classic soon and they will be returning soon. Plus why don't we try to save the server by creating a new website and Market it the new way. bro you gotta invest in your product. i understand the expenses of running a server but you gotta upgrade the outlook of your product. start something new entirely and believe me people will join the server.

i hope it helps.

Regards,

Razor

• Haha 1

Its been TBC for so long for me. First on retail, later in Hellground, and lately in here. I guess deep down I knew, that one day it would all end. I know there are other servers out there but enough is enough. Every time a server I call home moves to the next patch or closes, a part of my enthusiasm for the game dies. Im turning 30 this year and I guess its time to grow up and leave the whole franchise behind. But it does feel so sad. All the friends I lost contact with. All my bank I kept hoarding even tho I knew it would not last. I guess with Hellground and Excalibur both, they felt too real. True signs of well scripted and carefully maintenanced servers. 

Thanks for the times but screw all of you players who left for classic and other things for ending it. I didn't want to grow up just yet. 

• Agree 1

I'm not sure of the reason for the shutdown, but I would gladly donate server hardware/funding to continue this under new ownership.

Who would like to go to a ghost town for no reason? Or maybe you would call becoming a ghost yourself booger?;p xD Nah ill bail out of this one ;p

I count 2 offers to help keep the server going that have been ignored. 

Multiple GM comments about how transfers aren't false hope, only to have one say we better not get our hopes up.

Real graceful handling of the situation, Excal staff. Dunno why I expected anything different. Especially from our lazy, absentee admin.

• Agree 4
  • Sad 1

blizzard probably picked up the devs here and are telling them to burn this super well-scripted private server to the ground

illuminati lol

• Haha 3
  • SeemsGood 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

Since the server is going to be shut down soon anyway, out of curiosity, could you reveal the in-game nicknames of GMs?

I wonder if Riakku truly is Delesdar, as I assumed? =P

Edited by Bon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

And is Critman some GM's character? xD

Edited by Bon
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Gejzer said:

From which manga is that little crazy thing on your avatar Alucard?;p

I think it is Spongebob.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • SeemsGood 1

1 hour ago, Gejzer said:

Hellsing but it’s a cartoon version 

3 hours ago, Gejzer said:

Correct, its cartonized anime Alucard :)