MrAladeen

All good things

@Thedruid
You also wouldn't be in this position had he not run the server at all. Everyone is quick to point fingers and such, without taking any of the risk. Lets see you setup a server and see how long it lasts, when you need to shell all the costs upfront not knowing if it will succeed or not.

• Agree 2

@thedruid or whoever is thinking like him... stop crying for no sense things... you played a really nice  FREE tbc server, now its over. grown up and study or get a job. or just another wow server.

^ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

for those who expended money in the realm and now its over... well.. it sucks but, you knew this could happen.                                                                                                                                                                    I

I

blaming is easy... so if you couldnt understand the msg because you keep crying for things that others could have done when you do not understand the responsability of the fact---------------------------------------'

if you dont understand because my english , you can read this again ^^ (please do it from a computer, the arrows wont work on tablet/phone)

• Doge 1

I am honestly not sure what servers would even be as trustworthy as this one. I've already made a dup character on a popular wotlk server for which I happened to have an account. Sadly the server culture is half trash and it's definitely not getting modded for its own rules against racist language. Another I might have gone back to purged my account (max characters, max level and donated). I left them because they prefer their everything goes server and won't fix bugs. They have even hotpatched flight paths to be teleport instead so all flight quests are impossible. The other I played on as MOP is tiptoeing in the water of getting shut down by Blizzard for taking current content against international copyright law. 

:( Excalibur fills a hole that other places don't.

Tantu/Raelanna here, spent most of a decade here with you guys on horde. I remember one time being able to log on and jump right into a raid, I left around classic release though for a WOTLK server that has population from this server, guilds are named as such, I however go by the name of Berska there.  Long story short, I'm really sad I'm losing Tantu, for years I've always been able to play other games and ALWAYS come back to this character. Please give me a transfer to Algalon, or some retail TBC or WOTLK server where I can continue to come back to my faithful Tantu in the future. Feel free to look me up on Discord: kinja004#8892 Happy hunting my friends!

• Like 1

Damn came back from being underwater for a couple of months and now this. Sad to see Excalibur go but it was a lot of fun over the years even if it was off and on. 

It has been a great journey, thanks for the experience Excalibur team!

Was a pleasure playing with all of you.

4 hours ago, Exithus said:

noo gona miss it. wasted some looong time here :D

project hardcore :D it was fun

• Like 1

It's been a pleasure. Thank you all for awesome bgs. Gonna miss it.

Surui (pvp disco priest)

Btw any recommendations for different servers?

Edited by Surui
  • Agree 1

I have been active on excawow server between 2009-2013ish, had a lot of fun, great memories, this server truly has a special place in my heart even to this year.

From the endless Heroic/Raid grinds (as a standard player) with Beliar, Liam, Eva, Bella, Abas, Haji and their guild to the wildest GM experiences on WoW in my life, community support, hacker hunting, event supporting and the most memorable moment: the GM [Redacted], who spawned a fucking scripted Kil'jaeden in Moonglade causing the server to crash and die for 10ish(?) mins. (You know who you are :D)

Many of you may know me, many of you may see me as just another random, I am mostly known as Dangel (and all the other name variations), but later known as GM Drums or GM Raven.

May the exca-wow rest in peace, it's been a pleasure and a fantastic journey.

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:29 PM, Dangel said:

I have been active on excawow server between 2009-2013ish, had a lot of fun, great memories, this server truly has a special place in my heart even to this year.

i miss you brother <3 thanks for showing up once again to say goodbye

So still no memo on transfers? Any kind of date we should check the forum like one last time in search of the news if its coming true or not and will it be displayed at server's main webpage?

2 hours ago, Gejzer said:

So still no memo on transfers? Any kind of date we should check the forum like one last time in search of the news if its coming true or not and will it be displayed at server's main webpage?

It isn't a rumor, it isn't a true or false, it is a discussion that is being had between Excalibur admins and other server admins. If something can be worked out between the applicable parties we will let everyone know when it has been finalized. If there is an update that we feel needs to be shared prior to that we will do so. 

• Like 1

I just totalled up my /played time on my serious characters. I don't remember when I joined, just that the server was still based in Florida and we had to type /save every time we  picked up or did something important to prevent losing gear or progress in one of the frequent crashes. Over the years I've played here for roughly 219 days (No idea how much of that is afk time, and there were a few high level alts deleted and recreated). It felt like it was more than that though, and seeing all of the empty cities while I was logging my alts was a heartbreaking experience.

But, time you've enjoyed wasting is not wasted time. And I certainly enjoyed my time here.

Good luck with your transfer negotiations, maybe I'll be able to see some of you again.

P.S. A huge thanks to whoever recommended the Three Body Trilogy (Books) to me,  on the off chance you read this. It was amazing, and I haven't looked at stars the same way since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gejzer said:

You realise that deadline is closing by right?

You realize the transfer could be opened after the server shut down?

• Agree 1

what do you need to transfer? character name? character name and gear?

Transfer to a server TBC or newest parch?

Sorry mi English.. it sucks. to much to reed and ont unerstun half xD

3 hours ago, Gejzer said:

You realise that deadline is closing by right?

It's probably best for you not to expect a transfer so if there is one you will be pleasantly surprised. 🤞 I stand by my original statement. 

• Agree 1

Sigh guess i have to repeat myself over and over.

Whats left is to judge your actions. And nothing else. Players have already moved elsewhere myself included and all that we are actually interested is  what well be left with. No one will say a word about where to well only see for ourselves if its a worthy move to go along with what you will have in store for us or just go somewhere else that most of us have already chosen i guess.

No hard feelings its just gonna be like that ;p  

I will reference my previous statement:DA30-DE26-E97-D-4978-AD1-B-9-A30725220-A

but in all seriousness I just want to thank all the GMs, Dev’s and support staff behind the scenes, past and present who kept the server going for this long, also all the players and friends I have made, there really is too many to list.

I played here for 2 years and Excalibur delivered. I felt the nostalgia, I had great fun and even experienced things you would never get to experience on a official Blizz server.

After putting in many played days it’s a bitter pill to swallow seeing the server finally come to a close but my memories will stay with me.

I salute you all and wish you well in your next quest, where ever it takes you.

Scarab Lord Stormzy  :(

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Long time no see.

After 13 years of playing WoW I get burnt out every now and then, but Excalibur was always a nice place come home to, even if there was only 500 people home. 😢 Me and my friend (mostly known by the worst nickname of Excal history "Djrapcatpoop") found this server on March 2017, we were a bit late to the party so we played 25 hours per day to make up for it. I must have spent like 200€ in the item store on my first two months here, since I was addicted to making new characters. 🤐

Knaittiz/Knaittizhehe/Bragrikmvp/Larrydavid/Georgecostnz/forgot the rest signing out 😎7  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1