MrAladeen

All good things

How to get into a t6 raiding guild on Netherwing fast if a veteran SWP player?

Just tell people in t6 guilds you can advise them about how to do SWP as its behind the corner lol, you get a spot to just to advise them! Not that I have done it though, just saying :D

• Like 1

goodbye excalibur community love you all still here after 6-7 years when the first scripting of swp took place and we tested it as a guild (immortal)  so long ago it was that i dont even remember the names bruiser was our guild leader

the drama the wipes the fight over some fiirst server amani bears and gears all while the server was fresh and most endgame raids like swp were in development here is a vid to comemorate that period 

and here is me raiding hogger special event enjoy :D

Edited by druud
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Remember what i sayd on Christmass? "They try to get easy cash before server shutdown"?How right i was!

7 hours ago, MarxCZE said:

Remember what i sayd on Christmass? "They try to get easy cash before server shutdown"?How right i was!

Remember what I said in response to that at Christmas? My response is just as true now as it was then. 

On 16.1.2020 at 4:05 AM, Carebot said:

How to get into a t6 raiding guild on Netherwing fast if a veteran SWP player?

Just tell people in t6 guilds you can advise them about how to do SWP as its behind the corner lol, you get a spot to just to advise them! Not that I have done it though, just saying :D

99% of the people reading this forum cant advise anyone in anything. Not even in how to properly press one spell in tbc to do some damage.

First of all, thanks to all the staff and players for the great times and experience!

As always, I have to ask this question: what is going to happen with the source code of the server, and basic (clean) database schema, and other back-end items. Will it be shared on a git repo or similar?

In terms of continuation/transfers, I will wait and see. I haven't played for a while now, but do play every now and again, so am interested in what options exist.

Thanks again, and I hope for a promising future for the players and server team within the TBC spectrum (and elsewhere if they are leaving TBC altogether).

Keeping an eye on all materializing events from now!

Kind regards,

---

Kadiyania/Amisapa {Primal Horde} here.

Good bye Excal peeps.

I will greatly miss Excal, you all have been a part of my life the last 9'ish years. I've met numerous friends all around the world here on Excal, some only online others in person. It's too many to list but if you know me just know you were special to me, your friendship holds value to me, ya'll got me through some dark times, thank you.

Thanks Thelx and Excal staff, much appreciated. 

memories ... 

Edited by ami

20 hours ago, Cathys said:

99% of the people reading this forum cant advise anyone in anything. Not even in how to properly press one spell in tbc to do some damage.

Nah theres plenty SWP farmers on this forum most of the server is pve and jumping thru content fast atleast it used to be like that when pop was higher i have way more hours spent in SWP than all the other raids combined on this server and theres ton of this type of dudes here. 

Any chance of letting us know if and on which realm there are ongoing transfer discussions between staff members? Some people would like to know if this transfer talk won't be just another rumour.

• Like 1

The sadness chills me. But the overwhelming emotion is gratitude. Thank you for the years of hard work you put in. Thank you for the safe haven when Blizz turned retail into poop, and 'funservers' were everywhere, and servers came and went like farts under a duvet.

Thank you and good luck with whatever may come next!

The only TBC server that would qualify for a transfer is probably Warmane (same content patch, cash shop (with glaives... ). And since they're actually making their money selling gear I'm not sure they'd be up for flooding their server with a bunch of BIS geared toons.
Unless "transfer" means quest geared or naked level 70 characters and even then I don't know if other TBC projects would be happy with this because you could buy your levels here (and still can).
Actual character transfers will realistically only happen to a WOTLK server imho so I wouldn't get too exited about it.

Edited by ps0
  • Agree 1

Sad to see this happen. Started playing on this server years ago, and it's the only one where I got past the "get to level 70 do nothing, make an alt" and tried really hard to raid and finish the end game content which was my goal, it was such a journey to experience all the PVE content I'd only watched from afar and conquer even the most difficult bosses. For that reason this server is special to me. I've had so many fun and exciting moments throughout the years, met a few cool people, despite playing on and off. The community as a whole is pretty tightly knit which made the experience more enjoyable, and the GM's were always very kind and gracious whenever I needed help. Thanks for all the years, Excal! Hopefully I remember the farewell party date. :) 

As i said if its a transfer to wotlk its a no go for many of us. On any other expansion than a TBC it would have gone to waste all of our work. 

• NotLikeThis 1

You understand that transfer means like almost naked 70 chars? No matter where they will never allow you to transfer gear, titles, gold (there is limit) etc. It will be super limited maybe just proffesions. You also need to change name if is taken.

Warmane is not an option, its fuckin dead server. I honestly dont see where. I doubt that NW will accept or if they do it will be super strict.

Edited by Mastercry
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mastercry said:

You understand that transfer means like almost naked 70 chars?

Example? 

Nostalrius > Elysium

was full gear

Didnt hear about other transfers

• SeemsGood 1

2 hours ago, Gejzer said:

As i said if its a transfer to wotlk its a no go for many of us. On any other expansion than a TBC it would have gone to waste all of our work. 

You should be happy if there would be anytype of transfer at all wheather its wotlk/tbc being naked if you expect that some diffrent server will accept all those bis toons into their comunity to a tbc server youre foolish. Me personaly im very suspicious of any type of a transfer at all it could be a move to make you still play the game without thinking this all is going to go to waste. Which if you play for gear and not interactions with other players and the gameplay itself youre dooomed already anyway. 

• Like 1

Nothing out of ordinary beside losing gold which there are ways to walk around, transfering items. 

they can even keep legendary so gear is not lost. 

some data is different etc. Makes sense. Not much is getting lost i would say

• Confused 1

Nothing out of ordinary beside losing gold which there are ways to walk around, transfering items. 

they can even keep legendary so gear is not lost. 

some data is different etc. Makes sense. Not much is getting lost i would say

• Confused 1

Raesha here (Trial GM in 2014).

Thank you for all the wonderful memories this server brought me!

Goodbye everyone all the best!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can assure you that transfer talks aren't just rumors. We are indeed in the middle of the negotiations atm, but can't give you details, nor can't promise you negotiations will be successful, please understand that. Our glorious leader Aladeen will inform you as soon as we have more details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • SeemsGood 1
  • Kappa 1

37 minutes ago, Azelen said:

glorious leader Aladeen

better "lazy leader Aladeen" - we wouldnt be in this situation in the first place if he shifted his ownership to someone more caring

• Like 3
  • PogChamp 1

@Azelen we've had some talk in shattrath with ruby about it. 

My point remains the same. If its not a tbc realm anywhere with at least professions transferred alongside  riding skills its not even worth bothering myself with the transfer at all.

To go to any wrath realm and have problems with golds is a bit  weird to say the least. Wrath gets boring. Wannabe blizz likerealms that are buffing / nerfing contents on wotlk pve content are a laughing stockpile for me. Either pre-nerf or retail like patches when the content is ongoing or its a no go.

And on a retail like content u gear entire guild in month since reaching 80 lvl and in 1 week u progress current content no more than u wait 2-3 months depending on the scripting speed of the devs for new one progress it again with 1  week than ure logging offline getting bored.