MrAladeen

All good things

9 hours ago, Zypzo said:

Sad to hear about this. I haven't played in so long, haven't been GM in even longer, but I still treasure all the beautiful memories I've shared with both the players and the staff.

Personal favorites include the Gurubashi tournaments, the weekly BWL raids, the Scourge invasion of Stormwind (2010?), the in-guild dramas (miss you, The Hammer of Light!) and, of course, the random roleplaying moments with friends.

I hope all of my Excalibur friends are doing well and I wish you all a beautiful life ahead!

Excalibur will never be forgotten!

- Ashbringerr / Miamia

- GM Zysh / Aman

(not to be confused with Ashbringerx, but you might not know either of us)

was always thinking your ashbringerx land hiding from me lol . missing you brother <3

Edited by assasine
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zypzo said:

Sad to hear about this. I haven't played in so long, haven't been GM in even longer, but I still treasure all the beautiful memories I've shared with both the players and the staff.

Personal favorites include the Gurubashi tournaments, the weekly BWL raids, the Scourge invasion of Stormwind (2010?), the in-guild dramas (miss you, The Hammer of Light!) and, of course, the random roleplaying moments with friends.

I hope all of my Excalibur friends are doing well and I wish you all a beautiful life ahead!

Excalibur will never be forgotten!

- Ashbringerr / Miamia

- GM Zysh / Aman

(not to be confused with Ashbringerx, but you might not know either of us)

i wish your well being and best of luck in life you was my favorite gm<3

• Like 1

And, as everything in life, we're close to the end of the Xcal journey...

it's sad to hear, even worst to know that i have to deal with it.

but i will cast the negativity aside, because this server and its people gave me so much.

i'm, at the end, able to just express gratitude for being a part of this.

my experience here started like usual for me... completely random!

and my randomness in xcal gave me the chance to meet so many amazing and colorfull people, from many other places of the planet... making my world bigger!

from me to randomly joining MUTINY, moving then to DISBANDED (my best wow experience ever, hands down), to my brief experience in HORRIBLE/TERRIBLE (you guys are masters, i bow to you all) i collected so many memories that are now very dear to me!

thank you also to WE WIPE ON TRASH, for all those saturday morning BT runs... and for allowing me to wipe you all at the Illidari Council without even getting mad at me, you guys are truly a lovelly bunch <3!

i also take the chance to say thank you to all the people that randomly played with me

To all the people that now, after all this years, i call friends i say: don't worry, i'll still be a bother in your life! xD

special thanks to all the Xcal staff, the very few times that i had issues... you were there, ready to listen!

i still hope i can save my Shilke from doom, but if this won't happen... whatever, i still have the memories of all of you!

i wish the best to everyone!

Sincerely, 

your Barman/Pasta maker/JEWeler/Part-Time Mage

Shilke.

• Like 2

Holy sh*t! I was using this server for about 10 years and retired about a year ago. I managed to piss off most players, guilds and GM's in my time, helped build, raid lead or raided with most of the players and guilds on the server at some point and honestly i felt i had done with the server but now its closing... it brings great sadness :( So much love for this server as it enabled me to meet new people and travel to around 30 countries visiting various friends i met in the game.

Anyway we can put the server on kickstarter to keep it alive or you willing to sell it? Im rich i can buy the server space for it.

Much love to all my fellow gamers,

Locks (AnycharacterLOCKS) / Gary

Greetings to all who read this.

I have been playing here since 2015, I went through all the CZ / SK guilds, I met friends and enemies, drank liters of beer and talked on team speak to the morning and then fell asleep to work :D It was great times and I thank them for it. My two daughters have characters on Excalibur too, but the older no longer plays, she has 12, she has other interests. But the younger one, she's 8, so she's very sad that she won't be able to play anymore :(

But life doesn't stop, it goes on.

I would like to thank all the people who participated in this server, you did a really great job and you deserve my admiration, none of the free servers was and will never be on the same level as Excalibur.

Tatrgel (Always Hunter, I Never Play Alts)

Edited by Tatrgel
  • Like 1

Hello there! Thanks for all the memories Excalibur WoW! This is where I spent most of my childhood and I'm forever grateful for every moment on this awesome server. Lots of friendships, drama and fun that will last forever with me. Special thanks to <The Silver Hand> and <Majestic Empire> for the best days ever, server first Kael'thas kill, <Hand of A'dal> and <Champion of the Naaru> titles come on top of my head. Valee (Phase), Damir (Fortran), Liam (Pee), Zypzo (Ashbringerr), Miha (Mahakambey), Nubek (Noobozaurus), Oscald, Kittypie, Samoonra, Assasine, Thelx (Izabela) and the almighty Khoof! Some of the cool names I remember from the old days. Stay awesome people!

P.S. Not sure if anyone still remembers me.
Clayface

Edited by Clayface
  • Like 3

On 11/1/2020 at 2:49 AM, Aerion said:

If the transfer agreement does get finalized with the server we are communicating with some players, who plan to transfer, might still want to take advantage of our fairly liberal online store selection. Other servers don't have all have the same offerings as we do. Some players might want to stock up before they transfer. 

Hey, I know details are not defined yet, but ...does that mean transfers will include character's gear?

11 hours ago, Darien said:

Thanks for the years of fun, played off and on for quite some time.

Sad to see the server close.

It'll will however live on in our memories.

-Darien

PS. To prove a point if Ashbringerr and Clayface see this,

thanks for rping and going around Azeroth with me so many years ago.

It was fun and I won't forget it!

Much love mate, these were the days! 

• Like 1

Hey guys, i played in Excalibur for many years, it sucks that the server is closing down, really thanks to everyone i played with.

Just a question, will you guys make it possible to transfer to Atlantiss server? Thanks!

6 hours ago, GaryLocks said:

Anyway we can put the server on kickstarter to keep it alive or you willing to sell it? Im rich i can buy the server space for it.

someone should buy the server, that only the owners change and nothing else

then under new leadership, perhaps things could go for the better if the new owner cares and gives necessary permissions to GMs so they could handle the server what theyve been trying to do the past 2 years

new website, better marketing - all that good stuff what this server has missed in the last few years

• Agree 1

Some last words for this wonderful server:

Nostalgia and melancholy best summarizes what I’m feeling about the server shutting down. I am glad the GMs didn’t chose to just plug out the power cord, leaving us stranded and angrily going on the forums venting and raging. But instead giving us some time to look back at all the good times we had while playing the game.

I remember couple of years ago Dota 2 stopped being fun and I was looking for something else to do, and since real life sucks, I decided to go back to to WoW. I discovered my lvl 70 lock was still not deleted, even though I haven’t visited the server in years, and so the action continued.

It was on Excal that I first killed a properly scripted KJ, Muru, Illi and other bosses. I learned how to tank, and generally just how to not be a noob. So many memories of guilds, people, dramas etc, good and bad; but now even the bad memories seem like nice ones.

The writing was on the wall about the server dying, now that I think about it, I mean Murray was creature of the week for how many years now?

So that’s it. server will be gone and I’ll have to once more crawl out of my cave and see what to do next. New server, some other games… I hate choosing.

Btw when will we learn if or where will the server be migrating to? Or we just have to wait for another leaked screenshot I guess 😉

Well best regards to all. will still be logging in and out just  to see what’s up though.

Sabertron, Wakamon, Kotomaru, Sabershock (adopted toons: Hymuras, Crittokal)

Sede

Sedo

Edwaard

Hautie

Kmk

Former GM: Cop   my time was short, but I've always loved the server!

Saddens me to see it go, I've played here on and off since December 2012.  Will miss it, no doubt.

Wishing you all well in your future endeavors and journeys.

-Gavin

Sup all!

Oldrimer here, glad to see some of the people still remember me, thanks to Assasine sharing this link with me.

This was an amazing server back in the day (sure it stayed that way after we left as well), gave me some of the best memories and friends for life.

My list of in game names to mention would be huge and I am sure I would miss someone, so I will simply say - thanks everyone for every raid, battleground, arena or rp. My very special thanks goes to the guys I became real life friends, as it became so much more then just gaming (Fernando/FernGm was my best man on wedding, Shadowtje and I have family visits once a year, Stam bros gave me B&B at their home when my overenthusiastic drive through Europe got to the hault).

Xiu Damir

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damir said:

Sup all!

Oldrimer here, glad to see some of the people still remember me, thanks to Assasine sharing this link with me.

i miss playing with you greatly it was an honor to play in this sperver specially old and ncie friends such as you and clayface im glad that we are still in contact after all these years and thanks for believing in us

im happy for you and fernando and great gnome shadowtje and stam the glaved dude :D <3 you all

15 hours ago, Clayface said:

Hello there! Thanks for all the memories Excalibur WoW! This is where I spent most of my childhood and I'm forever grateful for every moment on this awesome server. Lots of friendships, drama and fun that will last forever with me. Special thanks to <The Silver Hand> and <Majestic Empire> for the best days ever, server first Kael'thas kill, <Hand of A'dal> and <Champion of the Naaru> titles come on top of my head. Valee (Phase), Damir (Fortran), Liam (Pee), Zypzo (Ashbringerr), Miha (Mahakambey), Nubek (Noobozaurus), Oscald, Kittypie, Samoonra, Assasine, Thelx (Izabela) and the almighty Khoof! Some of the cool names I remember from the old days. Stay awesome people!

best warrior egypt <3 missing you aswell man your not active on facebook anymore would be nice to be in contact with you . best wishes to you and your family

This is sad, but as many says, life goes on.

I have an idea - why not give all accounts 1 million credits before we shut down? If the plan to transfer us dont take place?

Would be fun to go crazy on the itemstore, admit it :D

Best regards!

Kromatoze

Hopefully well have a transfer to a TBC realm. Havin the accounts transferred to a wotlk realm will be kind of useless for them.

Maan... I knew this was going to happen, but still hoped for some good old magical miracle to reverse it. I still hope.....

When I say this IS the best private WoW server I ever played on, I mean it. Quests work, content works, PvP was fun... What should I say? I was several times amused how everything worked and were available, quests, in-world-chests, items... how the mobs were chasing me _with-regard_ to the environment... but I think the most valuable thing for me was the community, the players, the server as a whole. Intelligent and grown up people helping each other. Even when they are on opposite factions... wow. This remembers me when I was questing with my first (and technically the only one I really played with) char -Lockrise- maybe in 2015, leveling on Arathi Highlands and encountered some guys who were slashing the same mobs, and invited me, so we finished our quests together. The fun thing was, they were horde, which for some reason I did not notice. Well, maybe because it was so absurd for me to be invited by the opposite faction into party... Obviously I did not know the Server is cross-faction. Only after we left the party, and 2 guys, their names in RED were talking to me in front of me I realized I was playing and questing with horde. Best memory ever. After years of beeing corpse-camped, and slayed only because my name is in red, and playing on servers which actually normalize behaviour like that, partying and playing with some troll or bloodelf, orc, or whatever they were, and realizing that instead of attacking me they invited me to finish the quest together, well I was in awe, and did not know what to say.

Never met more helpful and generally intelligent people elsewhere. I mourn for Excalibur.

btw.: I don't know whose idea was to name Murray the MURLOC the "Creature of the Week"... And never change it :D...

I think I'm going to visit that murloc family in Elwyn Forest... I mean why do murlocs want to kill us so badly? They always gather the whole family and their neighbours, and their neighbours's family.... Trying to investigate a fallen soldier's corpse and the whole murloc town is after me... Not to mention they dont have eyes! At least when I need to loot them. In Westfall. On the shore of the Great Sea. Murlocs. Just beeing murlocs.

Murloc as the Creature of the Week . . . Every time the website loaded I had to face this.

I am still mourning...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, assasine said:

i miss playing with you greatly it was an honor to play in this sperver specially old and ncie friends such as you and clayface im glad that we are still in contact after all these years and thanks for believing in us

im happy for you and fernando and great gnome shadowtje and stam the glaved dude :D <3 you all

best warrior egypt <3 missing you aswell man your not active on facebook anymore would be nice to be in contact with you . best wishes to you and your family

Been an honor playing with you man, best of luck!

• Like 1

Hello! 

This is Mubashir/Mub (Druid/Hunter) I wanted to say a few words and admit somethings because I might never get another change and I feel that if I don't today....I might be never

0. I was Gnomish, probably the most bum GM of all times on ExcaliburWOW.

1. I am sorry @Nerokk, I once said some very offensive things to you (indirectly) and knew that it would hurt you and/or maybe someone else's feeling and ...I am really sorry to have done that; I was immature, in fact very immature back then. I AM SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

1.1 Thank you for everything @Thelxinoe, from the depth of my heat.
2. I am sorry to all others if I have ever been toxic to you/raid, I had a very short temper back then and if a player/team/raid wasn't serious - I would rage and say offensive/abusive words. I AM SORRY ABOUT THIS TOO.
3. @Keritous dude it has been a pleasure knowing you and your fellow Persian friends, including Mustafa Mizdushi, Saoron, Farid and some more; I hope and it is my prayer that I remain in contact with you all for ...forever!

4. @MrAladeen thank you for administering such a beautiful realm, it has been a pleasure playing with my fellow teammates here.

5. I used to spend a lot of times browsing some good addons and it was hard to have them all at one place during 2013 - 2014, so I made a rar file of whatever I had collected and uploaded it to Google Drive and made it public for everyone to use, that link is presented on this thread : link ; you are all welcome.

If someone from the following Guilds:

• The Hammer of Light
  • Tervaleijona
  • Salvation
  • DeProfundis

Are reading this, I wanna say that I am grateful to have played along side you. We did a lot of stuff together, including singing songs on Teamspeak, wasting time farming mats for raids, making fun of Samoonra <3, sorry Sammm <3 :-D 
Samoonra sire, you taught me the da wae of da Druid <3 

...So many more things to say, but honestly I have ran out of words for this.
A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

My discord name is: Mubashir#6081

Edited by Mubashir
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mubashir said:

3. @Keritous dude it has been a pleasure knowing you and your fellow Persian friends, including Mustafa Mizdushi, Saoron, Farid and some more; I hope and it is my prayer that I remain in contact with you all for ...forever!

Thanks dude, You're a good friend.

41 minutes ago, Mubashir said:
  • The Hammer of Light
  • DeProfundis

Dayuum, Good Old Days.

Edited by Keritous
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How to get into a t6 raiding guild on Netherwing fast if a veteran SWP player?

Just tell people in t6 guilds you can advise them about how to do SWP as its behind the corner lol, you get a spot to just to advise them! Not that I have done it though, just saying :D

• Like 1

goodbye excalibur community love you all still here after 6-7 years when the first scripting of swp took place and we tested it as a guild (immortal)  so long ago it was that i dont even remember the names bruiser was our guild leader

the drama the wipes the fight over some fiirst server amani bears and gears all while the server was fresh and most endgame raids like swp were in development here is a vid to comemorate that period 

and here is me raiding hogger special event enjoy :D

Edited by druud
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1