MrAladeen

All good things

7 hours ago, Keritous said:

5.jpg

I believe you do understand now, why i couldnt and wouldnt say anything, nor discuss the topic in /gmhelp and /world :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tbar said:

Would be really awesome to transfer the DB to a fresh starting WotLK server to continue our characters epic journey onwards!  That way our BiS still has use but will also enable progression for years to come on a whole new expansion!

Tbh yes.It  feels like the only way to keep the database and people, give them something new and dont flood some  elses servers tbc community with bis geared people.  

on the other hand... shouldn’t things have  been arranged before making the goodbye post? I mean the transfer possibility? I am sure a thought crossed your mind that people still want to be together even when you want it gone? now its the other way around. Still, I hope you arent just giving us foolish hope.

Edited by Spacey
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

*hug*

Thank you a lot, for giving that long time, a total free server to play for noobs like me. Reading the names here, let me recognice how much i am not part of the server community. Sorry that i loved more to fly my farming rounds than come raid/bg with you all.

from Lilliasany (leader of the flying arrow sisters / searing bolt sisters / cosmic, in active times 700 player guild)

addelina  (the isle noob girly)

falbalina / qardor / primy / kati / ffred / zanthrax / deepwater / diversion... and to much other toons that nobody knows

ps: if you like to read / hear some storys, i can write / tell more than a day long, so better write or call me on discord then. (flöli)

Will miss you all, even the annoying ones <3 But like you said, hopefully there will come something positive for all of our toons after this.

Damn, i will even miss Critman :D

Love you all <3

• Like 1

hey guys many of us moved to https://atlantiss.eu/ horde side siting in the guild called Corruption. dw its frendly  and evryone is welcome for lvling and having funn and later we can weawake the guilds we had separatly. 

am playing a warrior Bisquiit fell free to pm :)

• Agree 1

Well, that's was a good time, thx to Excalibur GMs and people who's never give up on Warsong Gulch.

I hope it will be possible to transfer chars on another server (maybe WotLK?)

Last days in our big home calls Excalibur.

P.S: I still love refrigerators

It's such a shame. The Excal. population has always fluctuated, but it always had a large end-game community whenever you wanted to start playing again after inactivity. It's sad to see a bespoke server fall over fear of it's competitors. Many other servers cannot offer the experience that Excal. always has, regardless of which expansion.

I understand that times change; the countless moderators and GMs built this server over 10+ years. I suppose it's their decision to decide when enough is enough. Consider that the long serving players will now lose a platform on which they can reconnect with teammates and revive their old chars, though. Perhaps the next influx of players is right around the corner; or maybe not.

It's funny because when I started playing Excal. 5 years ago, I understood the server message of the day to literally mean "The 'ex' WoW team", but now I guess they really are the 'ex' wow team!

Cheers to all the cool people I met over the years, and thanks for all hard work.

Also, f*ck you Subzoo for taking my [Tempest of Chaos] when I had to miss Archimonde and drive my brother home. ;)

Huge thanks to <Banished/Exiled Syndicate> and any other people that put up with me.

Best regards,

Xenochrist/Akeldama/Kascade/Mukinabaht/Mestís

• Thanks 1

Hey buddy!

This is not a funeral ... Just a farewell to all the moments we spent together having fun on this server.

The private-server community was still alive. It's like a form of "culture" ...

I am happy for the moment I spent here. A beer to everyone and be happy as you can be.

_
Serpes, Priest BE.

I started here many, many years ago. It was actually my first private server experience, as I had begun to get tired of Mists of Pandaria on retail back then. It was my first revisit into the "old world" of Warcraft, the one I had started in even farther back, and I loved every second of it. I went on to lead a lot of classic content and did a lot involving Naxxramas early on, and got lots of fun from that. I lead a couple small guilds and made some pretty good friends and still think of all that every now and then. It was a great time, truly. Excalibur was a great place with some fine people, and I've already been missing it all, and now it's officially time to say goodbye. Thank you to the staff for keeping the experience alive for so long, and thank you to any of you guys who I played with then, if you're reading this. Thanks for being awesome friends, and letting me grow with you. 

Hook us up with glaives before it closes! What you got to lose? Make some wishes come true before it's over!

• Agree 1

I have stopped playing years ago however, when I saw post on FB I decided to jump and say thank you and good luck :)

I have been GM myself on one of the private servers for over 3 years until we also shut down but I will always remember it LW <3. I have a feeling you feel similar what I did when we were closing. That empty space and sadness that it's over but at the same time great memories, great people you met over the years and experience.

Unfortunately I cannot find any screenshots but as far as I know I had a S4 resto/enh shaman on ally called Seython in <GNOMELAND SECURITY>.

I doubt anyone will remember me, but I was fairly active up to 6 years ago with Pebuls, Traytor, Saxon, Bonenemesis and the other guild members in "The Chosen".

I had a lot of fun with you guys and all the best.

• Like 2

I have been coming on and off for several years now and during the process I made some great friends and enemies too to fight in bg's. I would just like to thank ExCal for being there for us for as long as it did, not going to get into who got banned over what but focus instead on the good parts. Here's to my Ally gang from old SnS... Tatiana, Deplorable, Degrasse and also some who I knew before that my loud mouthed YOLO priest Kinky, huntard bro Azulax who never got a single armor piece for pvp but kept playing it anyway, Grumpy who I loved to Wyvern Sting when he was Horde and urge him to play druid once he transferred, always fun to ramble with Doooorius even while we are killing each other in WSG and many more I cannot recall at the top of my head cause it has been really great experience despite the drama, arguings and reportings I played on other servers but never before have I made so many good people I could enjoy wasting time just for one more bg that ended up lasting a whole night. Including the Horde OG's like Asasinu, Eastern and several others who just wanted to play the game and have fun for whole days and nights when server was at its peak and also when it wasn't you did not see a WSG empty, compared to many times larger servers that says enough about commitment of people to fully enjoy PvP and PvE aspects of gameplay that server had to offer without excessive griefing as we now witness being norm for modern vanilla. Ladies and gentlemen it was a privilege and great fun as they say here, remember the good and forget the bad, RIP ExCal but I for one hope we get to send it off with a bang. Loves all and have a wonderful 2020 and new decade - Mandalorian or as Kinky called me Mandy for reasons I do not want to dwell about, kek

• Like 2

Very sad to see Excalibur go. I've made lots of friends and memories on the server that I will never forget. And I wish most of you the very best ;)

Special thanks to not only the Excalibur team, but also the guild masters, officers and others taking the time to organize events and raids, making this game so enjoyable.

See you on the 21st for a final send-off!

- Creo, Vaxes, Creemos, Naridan, Nardian, Emerin, Coen, Everett

Thanks for everything, this was my first private server experience since I quit retain back in 2008.  Came for the pvp and really enjoyed my time.  This was really the only PC game that I ever got into, nothing ever really compared imo.  Ill try to soak in the next month since it may be my last chance to soak up TBC experience xD.  

• Like 1

Sad to hear about this. I haven't played in so long, haven't been GM in even longer, but I still treasure all the beautiful memories I've shared with both the players and the staff.

Personal favorites include the Gurubashi tournaments, the weekly BWL raids, the Scourge invasion of Stormwind (2010?), the in-guild dramas (miss you, The Hammer of Light!) and, of course, the random roleplaying moments with friends.

I hope all of my Excalibur friends are doing well and I wish you all a beautiful life ahead!

Excalibur will never be forgotten!

- Ashbringerr / Miamia

- GM Zysh / Aman

(not to be confused with Ashbringerx, but you might not know either of us)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On the topic of server handovers-sell offs, might be worth jiggling the carrot in front of the Firestorm team. They run a multi-expac platform and previously dropped their tbc server. They got some bite back for it so they might be interested in excal even if just for member transfers to thier WOLTK server. (It needs us players to balance acquired accts.)