MrAladeen

All good things

I STILL DON'T HAVE A THORI'DAL.

Jokes aside, it's been a pleasure. Bottoms up, chaps - a bunch of us are leveling on Netherwing. Come join the party!

With love,

Equi.

• Sad 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

Thank you for hundreds bg's played here and countless horde faces smashed with my Hammer of Wrath! 

Farewell, Excal!

Tiguril the "CZAS MŁOTA!", dwarf retribution paladin.

1 hour ago, Nerokk said:

Many of you saw the screenshot that leaked and thus saw a bit of what I had to say to the staff. 

As a player, I have made countless lifelong friends here, people I still keep up with despite not playing anymore. Some, I've even met in person! Together, we created hundreds of raiding guilds, fought and killed all the hardest bosses thousands and thousands of times. We've decimated each other in arena/battlegrounds and managed to trash-talk one another for days. So much time, effort, and memories were spent here and I don't regret a moment of it, even the times I didn't study for school in order to make a raid. 

As a GM, I started as a lowly trial what feels like forever ago and worked alongside surely more than a hundred GMs that have come and gone. Many of the staff still check in every once in a while to ask how it has been going and how Excalibur is coming along. The staff on Excal have seriously been incredible. So many hours spent assisting players, answering tickets, testing mechanics, and reporting bugs. I thank you all for all of the volunteer work you put in and could not have asked for a better bunch to assist this server.

See you all at the going away party!!! 

Ps. retired GM Mashiro says "Hey, I've missed everyone over the years and I hope you all had fun while it lasted."

Please forgive this old dwarf for sounding salty previously, but my reasons are sound and just. 

That being said, thank you for hosting this server for as many years as you and your team have.  I started in 2016 after the WC movie and had an itch for old content.  Somehow I combined my newly formed faith and need to be different into a pretty decent Shockadin (Songoku will always be King).  I joined SNS during one of the PVP events at Stratholme and rose through the rank thanks to Morgal, Becq and Degrasse. 

Some may think of me as a great player, but many know better.  I'm not that great but I can heal my ass off and carry WSG's to victory as proven time and time again.  Arena was never my scene and I respect those that have it down to a science. 

It's been a great run and I'll miss everyone.  Some may know I tried to leave 5-6 months ago but kept coming back to this great server. 

PVP shittalk aside, you're all great.  Even you Joel. 

Olana, it's been... interesting to say the least. 

I'd like to leave this here one more time. 

God bless you all and see you in the next one

I'm not crying, you're crying!!!

• Like 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

Kinda fucked that you guys knew you were closing the server but kept donations open.

#FLUTE CRUSADE

VIVA LA CORRUPTION

Edited by Volitar
  • Haha 1

For the record we don't accept donations. We do sell credits that can be used on our online store. 

If the transfer agreement does get finalized with the server we are communicating with some players, who plan to transfer, might still want to take advantage of our fairly liberal online store selection. Other servers don't have all have the same offerings as we do. Some players might want to stock up before they transfer. 

If you still feel slighted we will be happy to refund all monthly subscription fees paid at the last day celebration. Just whisper Vitiate. 😜

• Disagree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Volitar said:

Kinda fucked that you guys knew you were closing the server but kept donations

While this response will probably not make much of a difference in that regard, the staff received the notice of shutting down less than a week ago and wanted a couple days to write out a proper goodbye. Any unspent  credits purchased since then can still be refunded in full (2 weeks time limit).

• Sad 1

Not much to say here. Population was very low for an extended period of time, everyone should be surprised how long the server was still going. the usual private server only lasts a couple of years so excalibur already is a special snowflake in that regard.

i am as sad as everyone else about the news : / and i dont think ill be able to transfer a swp bis char and get the same gear on another realm after transfering.

Out of the few TBC private servers i tried, this one was the best by far, sad to see it end. So much memories.

Goodbye and thank you.

Kkyeyo/Kkyy/Yokkye/Ralfrolf/Tasbot

P.S: my pet is the BIS kil jaeden tank :

• Like 2

out of curiosity. Why not sell the server? I can imagine how hard could be this, but if he find a trusted person who would care/the right person.
I'm just watching how NW from 5k now is 1.5k or less without x-faction, almost reached excalibur state. Heard some ppl talking about restart there already. So overall TBC scene is ded. I dont see how a restart can make any difference. Sure in the beginning will be good but after 1 year or even less it will be same...
Think that with good dev team Excal can be on same level or even better than NW scripting wise. 
He may have better ideas, maybe restart maybe new realm... with motivation and $$$ everything is possible. But owner and dev team is super important. I will not start playing if i dont see a bright future, no matter where. When u see ppl working hard you get additional motivation to play, no? And ofc must be better than the others.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Deplorable said:

Please forgive this old dwarf for sounding salty previously, but my reasons are sound and just. 

That being said, thank you for hosting this server for as many years as you and your team have.  I started in 2016 after the WC movie and had an itch for old content.  Somehow I combined my newly formed faith and need to be different into a pretty decent Shockadin (Songoku will always be King).  I joined SNS during one of the PVP events at Stratholme and rose through the rank thanks to Morgal, Becq and Degrasse. 

Some may think of me as a great player, but many know better.  I'm not that great but I can heal my ass off and carry WSG's to victory as proven time and time again.  Arena was never my scene and I respect those that have it down to a science. 

It's been a great run and I'll miss everyone.  Some may know I tried to leave 5-6 months ago but kept coming back to this great server. 

PVP shittalk aside, you're all great.  Even you Joel. 

Olana, it's been... interesting to say the least. 

I'd like to leave this here one more time. 

God bless you all and see you in the next one

I'm not crying, you're crying!!!

Oh wow, good one. Brought back lots of memories.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mastercry said:

out of curiosity. Why not sell the server? I can imagine how hard could be this, but if he find a trusted person who would care/the right person.
I'm just watching how NW from 5k now is 1.5k or less without x-faction, almost reached excalibur state. Heard some ppl talking about restart there already. So overall TBC scene is ded. I dont see how a restart can make any difference. Sure in the beginning will be good but after 1 year or even less it will be same...
Think that with good dev team Excal can be on same level or even better than NW scripting wise. 
He may have better ideas, maybe restart maybe new realm... with motivation and $$$ everything is possible. But owner and dev team is super important. I will not start playing if i dont see a bright future, no matter where. When u see ppl working hard you get additional motivation to play, no? And ofc must be better than the others.

This is definitely something we're interested in, if a person with the capabilities to take care of the server would contact us. The price is not a deciding factor. But finding a person with a plan and the technical knowledge is difficult. But I am getting ahead of myself here. There is some interest in the server both from individuals and other servers. We're still discussing the plan with them. When we know more the players will too. The site, Facebook and forum will stay online after the 21st too, so we can keep people updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Would be really awesome to transfer the DB to a fresh starting WotLK server to continue our characters epic journey onwards!  That way our BiS still has use but will also enable progression for years to come on a whole new expansion!

• Like 1
  • Disagree 2

On 1/10/2020 at 7:52 PM, Thedruid said:

f.e old website, there was told that the new one was ready like a year+ ago

Indeed there was a new website,  there were reasons beyond laziness holding it back. It was never a drop in replacement or inches away from operational.

also, only means of marketing were through vote sites which almost nobody uses nowadays, it makes me sad to think how many thousands of emails you got out of this, but not once u didnt think of putting together an email to be sent to all of them and pls dont  tell that it would have been qualified as a spam, i deal with emails and email marketing daily

Marketing channels were always limited, to lift the veil a little, email marketing was considered and even trialed, after incurring cost sanitizing the mailinglist results were still severely disappointing in terms of bounce rate tests and would have gotten us banned. We chose to shelf this option. I don't disagree that we could have done more.

sad to see such a great server die because of laziness and/or lack of interest, perhaps you should have given the right permissions to a more concerning person who actually cared about the server

With personal and professional priorities shifting my limited involvement was also in part a choice, it is not a fulltime job for me. I have never been against someone else taking the wheel, but can't say I was ever actively looking either, and whilst like above I'm sure more could have been done, there are deeper issues in the server that would have persisted  like item store p2w claims, old player database  / inflation creating barrier to entry, lack of bot protection (this is really hard), gold farms, aging graphics as well as retail tbc rumors. Though there are still (big) tbc servers, my impression is that it's not a growing market. I understand I probably  can't do right by all you that invested your hearts, money and countless hours into our server with an announcement like this, but what I can do is be honest.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:54 PM, Bisquit said:

Whats with the data base? dont you think u can work it out to give it to onother server for transfers? is that not an option for you?

On 1/10/2020 at 7:42 PM, Spacey said:

and yet were too selfish to transfer something you created to someone else and let it be enjoyed

We are discussing transfer options.

On 1/10/2020 at 8:52 PM, Siilky said:

Is retired developer really so critical reason to shutdown working server?
Are there critical bugfixes that must be deployed?

It just wouldn't be up to standards, the next crashloop caused by bugged NPC path-finding and we could be down for days, at least now it's on our terms.

---

I'd do an AMA but feel it'd be more of a roast then anything else, let me know if anyone wants this.

• Sad 1
  • SeemsGood 1

introducing these people
Khoof : a person who loved this server and never left it , a naive man , what ever he did he had nothing bad in his mind
Olana : i reffer her as a she since she does , she was the one who kept bgs running she was responsible of keeping pvp and world chat alive we gota tank her
Alexis : he was a fan of gmhelp ofc and he also never left the server , he became one of best pve holy paladins he helped  many guilds and ne comers to server he vote more than anyone i knew to keep server populated
Assasine : old school paladin of server who never left here was trying to keep the server running , his hart is his weekness ..... he misses his old friends here he did some crazy behaviur to some of his friends and now he believes its not acceptable  to leave any bad karma behind specially to those whom he might never have another chance to apologies
Abas he was a respectful man a great raider and a great person also bff of izabella
Cload daimmcant remember him very well all i know is that we had talked a few times over the phone  he had nice english
Zulee i was a guildy of him in immortals, i don't know what changed in him to be the daemon of stv

also kittipie : she was the life of server for such a long time was bringing warm feeling to our harts

fatality : he was keeping our bgs active he played a huge rule in servers pvp also such a great person and my bff

solaris : missing him a great deal

beliar : please contact me i miss you and was looking for you for more than a year email :[email protected]

grit: a nice pvper we was a pvp team me liam and him also such a great person and my bff

fernando : great gm and great tank and great pvper and my old arena mate missing him a great deal also @ban hammer

grifith : what a rogue <3 missing you brother

nevala : server lost alot when she and her brother left here , such a nice person

korean: omg what a paladin he was my mentor as paladin

paladinlord: definition of agresive pvp paladin and such a nice person

stevo: great paladin from egypt and great person he taught me how to make money from bg marks

shadowtje: i mis him fighting in bgs vs ichigo lol they was such a couple and both such a great people

and many more ...... god bless all of them

izabela: nice person  and fun and howt lady , we where friends for ages and well shit happens  miss her too

atari: lover of music and big boss

ames : he was a friend to me i guess i knew how should i talk to him lol funny is that im the only person not hating him , i wish him well and i wish things  would played in a diffrent way

naster: he made me sport addicted lol thanks to him my love is sport now

spacey: she made a whole guild to bost low levels and new comers to help the server she was farming gold and making things and gifting them to people she is an angel

archamer:reset all

damir :he geared half of server back then

papadopulus: great pvp druid

amirreza :a man from mashhad such a nice person

phase: she was howt when she was a bloodelf :D also a great person

adept:greatest rogue ever

cupid: he enchanted me for free when i was new to game . thanks rolland  for being my friend over the years

manarubby: such a nice gm he did 200 % for the server god bless him

dida : that gm druid :D he was so funny

moionray : she was a model !

spantik:scraplord

tatar: nice healing shaman psuh it harder and who know what else

Edited by assasine
  • Sad 3

the only word i can say is thanks.

thanks for being nice as gms/devs, always had an answer to any stupid question i could do.

thanks for the fixes, the improvements and all that work/time mean

thanks for the best tbc server wich you let me play FREE.

i wish the best of luck for you. i could met really nice persons wich i wont forget, and friends wich i will still hanging out with them.

i hope the toxic persons in world chat learn to say thanks instead a claim. and really hope tbc wow had a new beggining. because its an amazing game!

cya around!

Khorgan/Aran

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Sad to read this but all good things have to come to an end eventually, and I think the timing is right.

I made a lot of good friends all over the world from different backgrounds, whether it's a 64 years old and caring grandmother, a guy who lives a few kilometers from my very random town, or one of my best friends on the server and my guild's Main Tank who made us wait for 2 years while he spends the time in jail (he actually came back full time!). 

I still remember how I got into <Shiny Loot>, my first home in the server. I had my own Guild Bank called <Wind Scar> (some of you recognize the jew Auction House dictator "Inuyasha"? Level 3 Blood Elf protected in Booty Bay by Critman), and I joined my first pug raid in the server. It was a Zul'Aman and I was a fresh level 70 Shaman, didn't know shit and we fucked up so hard, but we enjoyed it so much that they made me leave my guild bank and join Shiny Loot. With zero experience of all of us, we managed to progress from a casual guild that was struggling with Karazhan to a hardcore endgame guild clearing Sunwell twice a week. I cherish those days.

A special thank to <Svensk> and <Horrible/Terrible> who accepted me later on after we dissolved. I had hell of a fun playing with you. Most of the times we cleared fast, sometimes we fucked up hard but I mostly liked the good and very racist atmosphere and the whole attention I started to get even from people that were not guildies (you retards keep marking me with a {star} every raid! fu crusher). So for those who say sorry - don't. It was fun.

Thank you dear staff members, mostly that you had to suffer from all the bullshit players complain about while you are here as volunteers. It's definitely not the first server I played at, but it's the first time I felt that the staff listens to what people say in gmhelp, forum, bug tracker or ticket support (even if you need to wait some time to get a response for a ticket, it WILL be read).

Long Live Excalibur!

• Like 1

This talk abou transfers. Possible at all and to which realm? And on what terms? What gears would we have been left with? Im sure no such thing like full swp going onto a realm like t5 scripted would be possible but really if there will be some terms that you are certain with - say so.

lv 70 boost onto a realm where there is either ZA or SWP up is a no go if its only this. Even lvl 70 boost + t4 is not enough cause that shit is not lot stronger than well know pre-t4 best in slot gears.

So please all this talk with fond memories and so is just bs. Who would believe your words? What you've done is just so gross thats its just unbelievable but yea - it is sad truth...

How long will we have to wait for an info that there's no transfers or anything of the sort ongoing? Till the end of the doomsday? Not a single person in their right minds will believe your words anymore. What remains is to judge your actions.

Sorry Nerokk - your words alone has lost all meaning to lots of players. Prove your point that at least this talk about transfers isnt a pure trash talk... We simply dont believe. We just see with our own eyes. And for now what we are seeing is treating the people like idiots. Prove to us that we are wrong and at least you can do this much so this talk about transfers isnt bull crap. 

With regards - a very angry player...

And yeah keep removing my post. I will repost it every single fkn time. Cowards.

What you all fail to realise is all servers come and go. To see excalibur last as long as it did was a huge commitment on their part. We've all made long lasting friendships and memories on this server. There are many opportunities to keep that going wether it be on a new server from the beginning again, database transfers, or simply going to classic should you wish to experience it again. For all my friends i've met here, im on classic wow on mankrik horde side. You can add me on realid Shadoweave#11386 should you wish to keep in touch.    

@gejzer   , last i checked you don't run the server. it sucks its being shut down but there is no obligation beyond providing you info of closure so that you may find a new home. The fact they are trying not to leave you empty handed is a bonus in my opinion. What they are trying to do for you doesn't happen over night, it takes time to work things out, or another project willing to take in another projects resources and databases.  Keep in mind that this topic got leaked out and the staff weren't ready to provide you all details regarding it, as it was still in the works for them.

Anyhow goodbye excalibur, it was a fun 6-7 years. 

Edited by Shadoweave
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Best private server experience. Before it shuts down, I'm gonna record and upload videos of shaman tanking every single Hc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only way I can see EXC Database being absorbed by another server and us not losing anything is by getting our own realm. Which would cause that realm to be less likely to be joined for same reason EXC was during this years though?

Edited by Carebot

Phone error. Didn't mean to double post. Cant delete comment. Anyways, though there was one bug that vexed me, that pesky ohf bug with thrall (especially several months ago when he got stuck in the wall omfg)  this is the most bug free server ever