MrAladeen

All good things

1 hour ago, MrAladeen said:

There are talks ongoing for continuation / transfers, and we will share more news on this as soon as we

Still I dont know, what is cause to shutdown server? :( Can You explain, please? May be we can find solution (because nobody explained real problems....)

Edited by Siilky
  • Agree 1

Seen the writing on the walls for many years despite spending all my pixel obtaining time here.
Disappointed in the admins such as Aladeen, not the game masters who tried thanklessly.
No point in following a subreddit for a dead server, time to move on with my life.

Is this really the end ?
Though most of the staff/server/dictatorship as you know will be no more, this doesn't have to mean the end for you or your character(s).

There are talks ongoing for continuation / transfers, and we will share more news on this as soon as we can. Meanwhile feel free to keep playing, you won't be disappointed.

You offer vague hopes of transfers to another project that will just be minimally maintained and the information share to any game masters will be kept limited.

Best of luck in all your endeavors whatever they may be.

Silth, 2011-2020

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Siilky said:

Still I dont know, what is cause to shutdown server? :( Can You explain? May be we can find solution (because nobody explained real problems....)

With the departure of Settra and dwindling interest in excalibur / tbc in general we decided it is preferable to stop now than continue trying and delivering sub par experience.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bisquit said:

so the thing was the truth the whole time and you did not make the effort to clouse to donations.. insted you decided to milk out the donations for  few more weeks after you gave us 500 credits witch is less then half to  buy an wothy item.

Funny...

On 04/12/2019 at 2:46 PM, Bisquit said:

Stop crying go work. 

On 04/12/2019 at 4:27 PM, Aerion said:

I fail to see how not giving away credits is a get cash quick scheme. 

Edited by Patife19
  • Haha 2

many things could have been fixed. You just weren’t here when we needed you most. You abandoned us. As we are just “subjects” to you.

you have stopped carrying and yet were too selfish to transfer something you created to someone else and let it be enjoyed. Rather you would see it dead.

okay then. Best of luck, almost no hard feelings. I was very emotionally invested in this server once and I have no regrets, it was what I wanted at the time.

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skrrra 1

7 minutes ago, MrAladeen said:

With the departure of Settra and dwindling interest in excalibur / tbc in general we decided it is preferable to stop now then continue trying and delivering sub par experience.

how interesting. i see few servers with 2k+ population and we talk of downinterest of tbc.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, MrAladeen said:

With the departure of Settra and dwindling interest in excalibur / tbc in general we decided it is preferable to stop now than continue trying and delivering sub par experience.

Theres more than enough interest in TBC, you admins were just lazy asses didnt put much effort into the server in the past few years

f.e old website, there was told that the new one was ready like a year+ ago

also, only means of marketing were through vote sites which almost nobody uses nowadays, it makes me sad to think how many thousands of emails you got out of this, but not once u didnt think of putting together an email to be sent to all of them and pls dont  tell that it would have been qualified as a spam, i deal with emails and email marketing daily

sad to see such a great server die because of laziness and/or lack of interest, perhaps you should have given the right permissions to a more concerning person who actually cared about the server

RIP...

• Agree 3
  • Haha 1

Whats with the data base? dont you think u can work it out to give it to onother server for transfers? is that not an option for you?

You should have hired Morgal as a GM.  He was full of great ideas that were actually implemented. 

Without passion, one leads to stagnation.  :(   But this is an excellent point. 

As Spacey said...

p.s.  Banning legacy players for linking that screenshot in world is REAL LOW.  ie. Saintality

Edited by Deplorable

It's been fun. At least back up the character and login DB. Can be used to revive excal one day. Sad I was banned for posting about this shut down. Sorry Not Sorry... Saintality

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

1 hour ago, Spacey said:

many things could have been fixed. You just weren’t here when we needed you most. You abandoned us. As we are just “subjects” to you.

you have stopped carrying and yet were too selfish to transfer something you created to someone else and let it be enjoyed. Rather you would see it dead.

okay then. Best of luck, almost no hard feelings. I was very emotionally invested in this server once and I have no regrets, it was what I wanted at the time.

I agree with you. 

I don't want to attack anyone, but he was responsible for website update, armory improvements etc. They said its all ready, only needs to be deployed and he did not bother to even do this small thing.

I really like Excal staff never seen so nice GMs. Im very sad now and feel super bad cos I always had hope. Cant believe that this happening... I dont play wow lately, just logging time to time. But really wanted to start playing again. And dont like NW I stopped playing and there. so its not just population but yea main reason you cant play wow without enough ppl.

It was obvious after Azelen retire that server is doomed... most important was to keep improving in every aspect so can compete. you need good dev team for that. but nope. The owner didnt even bother to log for ages... he obviously dont care. 

Edited by Mastercry
  • Agree 1

Thank You for Your answer MrAladeen.

I thought, there is a problem with payment for domain or server provider ...

>> dwindling interest in excalibur / tbc in general

As Bisquit (and others) said, TBC is still in interest, especially, if there is not server like Excalibur...

IMO no cause^^ to shut down ;)

>>With the departure of Settra ...

It seems to me, server  (game) is in good condition. (I judge it by my playing...)

Is retired developer really so critical reason to shutdown working server?
Are there critical bugfixes that must be deployed?

I saw image of your communication. You mentioned -  'it is difficult to handle a lot of things without proper permissions.'
What do You mean, please? What permissions are You missing? (DB, OS, game.) Or do You mean permissions as 'knowledge'?
Your communication is really very 'closed' :( Hard to help ...

I see, C++ developer application is still open. Was there some requests?
And again, is missing developer real reason to shut down working and IMO stable and still popular server?
IMO it is not.

(and if yes, let me to fill C++ developer application ;) )

S.

Joined this server about a year ago, and... this one became one of my favourite. Thanks to the community and GMs, you are the best <3
P.S. I really hope that GMs will open a transfer to any of TBC servers (x1-x5) - many of us don't want to loose our chars, I guess. GMs pls :(

3 hours ago, MrAladeen said:

Special thanks to:
Khoof
Olana
Alexis
Assasine
Abas
Cload
Zulee

Could you elaborate on the "special thanks" here? Is that sarcasm?

Because all I can remember is that these players having bad reputation and always making the server look bad...

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Lerreis30 said:

Could you elaborate on the "special thanks" here? Is that sarcasm?

Because all I can remember is that these players having bad reputation and always making the server look bad...

Yes sarcasm.😃

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Manaruby said:

Hogger will be there.

Where have you disappeared! Contact us!!!,

Pics of some fun times. Loved enslaving demons and releasing them in Shatt :)

https://imgur.com/a/2mys3UA

Paethos - Warlock, Galajhad - Ret Pally, Teet - Hunter, Gofer - Resto Druid

Guild - Dude It's Just a Game

Edited by Paethos
  • SeemsGood 1

Thanks for years of fun times!

-Mable, Shlage, Felcloth, Felroot, Haxaw, Sawshank, Disque, Pigmiester, Aunty, Ears, Port, Gracefull, Milliwatt

This talk abou transfers. Possible at all and to which realm? And on what terms? What gears would we have been left with? Im sure no such thing like full swp going onto a realm like t5 scripted would be possible but really if there will be some terms that you are certain with - say so.

lv 70 boost onto a realm where there is either ZA or SWP up is a no go if its only this. Even lvl 70 boost + t4 is not enough cause that shit is not lot stronger than well know pre-t4 best in slot gears.

So please all this talk with fond memories and so is just bs. Who would believe your words? What you've done is just so gross thats its just unbelievable but yea - it is sad truth...

How long will we have to wait for an info that there's no transfers or anything of the sort ongoing? Till the end of the doomsday? Not a single person in their right minds will believe your words anymore. What remains is to judge your actions.

Sorry Nerokk - your words alone has lost all meaning to lots of players. Prove your point that at least this talk about transfers isnt a pure trash talk... We simply dont believe. We just see with our own eyes. And for now what we are seeing is treating the people like idiots. Prove to us that we are wrong and at least you can do this much so this talk about transfers isnt bull crap. 

With regards - a very angry player...

• Agree 1