MrAladeen

All good things

I must say - thanks for all people who interested in PvP on that server.
That were great battles.
I hope we will met on another server (if possible to transfer).

Your Djberliner / Berliner / Xaero / Marklaren / Envois

Edited by Djberliner
  • Sad 1

On 2/22/2020 at 11:37 AM, Alexis said:

Thanks to everyone, it was good days

Dahler - Ames( Ames Ban Hammer) - Belladona - Aman -Phase - Thelx - assassin - Somoonra - Mub - khopcha  -Naster - Alikhoof <3 -Varikina - Puddi - Liam(Fatalady)

I wish you all success in life

Bye Excalibur

Alexis   2009-2020

Farewell, I love you!

• Thanks 2

Where is this export tool? I would like to get my characters info exported while I can. Thank you Excalibur for a great experience.

From my friend Battle:

We had a lot of crazy players (in a good way). I remember the hunter who wanted to (and did) tank several bosses. It is these special people with projects of their own on a small server such as Excalibur who add another world to the game. Excalibur was never big (10 thousand or astronomical figures like that, but it did pass 2k) and it was sufficiently populated to be able to enjoy it without rubbing shoulders and without fighting for ore, herbs, etc. It is true that its collapse was inevitable as it is directly linked to the accumulation of wealth and power and the lack of chances for the new... I remember many people, many names. I remember my brief GM experience (I was never good with codes so the fact that I could have “forbidden” powers and see with God eyes what other people do was beyond belief; it was very exciting to be able to run at 4 times the average speed, teleport and so on as well as, of course, help players in /gmhelp). I would like to thank Izabela (known mostly as Thelx, but being behind several GM characters over time) as she has been formidable in keeping the reins for so many years and delivering justice, but still being diplomatic. Varikina for year after year of dedication and work and sweat and... frustrations. Anna (aka Nerokk) for the perseverance and, beyond everything, the warm heart. There were others who were kind and stood out that I remember fondly: Maradona, Orwell... These are people who worked for free for years; who left aside the real world to make the thing known as “Excal” possible; to allow us all to feel well, to de-stress from work and also allow us to do all the crazy things and make the silly jokes. They made it possible for us to be us, to be young, to be children, to be creative, to be alive... So many are saying “kill the child within you, “grow up”, “be serious”, but these people kept that child and all the kindness alive in us and kept us smiling and kept our eyes happy and the corners of our mouth twitching, ready for the next joke, for the next laughter. Forever citizens of Excalibur, it was good fun and much more than that: it was friendship and partnership. It was anger and joy, it was the feeling of being known for who you are and also for who you would like to be. Like your dog, like your grandma, like a too soon departed friend, this is gone as well. Memories remain and the name Excalibur will be more than a sword for us, it will be THE PLACE where we spent maybe over 1 full year online... and not regretting it. It will be the game we will tell the children who will laugh at our lack of technological understanding when we will be old. There are many notable players that crossed my path so I will not name any, I will just keep them all in my mind as “the friends”, and funny how I cherish all those furry, blue skinned or long-eared heads. The memory of your voices slowly starts to drift away... Slowly, gently... but remember this:  you live as a collective in my mind. You exist for as long as I live; memories will slowly fade, but your warmth will stay: you will exist as kindness, as friendship, as what humans truly are at their core. So keep breathing to keep this world of Excalibur (and us all) a living memory for as long as possible! Signed: Battlehelper (the cow druid) and all the “Battle” lvl 19 twinks; Equilibrum (the short term GM). 

• Like 1

Has anyone exported their characters? I used the link, but it doesn't work

4 hours ago, LAG7 said:

Has anyone exported their characters? I used the link, but it doesn't work

It works but they arent putting it on just yet.

Posted (edited)

Wow, I took a break to play classic and just found out about this. I'll miss you guys. It was a lot of fun.

I do wish some of you could have been nicer to a certain female player! But, it matters no longer.

Shoutouts to anyone who was in Storage back in the day; Penanceofsin; and Dorius, Rawfool, Ptaha, Eastern, & Kinkynurse for being A+ PVPers.

Safe travels to you all! May we meet again someday. <3

ulLG5T2.png

Edited by Astrial
derp

First of all i want to give a Big THANK YOU for all the great playing time you gave me since 2015. It was always a good feeling comming to the Server and play with great people from differen countries. I cant believe this is the end of such a great Server and his community. I hope this is not the final end and one day the Server be back on. If this happens the community be there and make a big party.

In the End i wonna give another huge Thank You to my Guild The Leveling Guild. You guys where the best one for the whole time.

Thank you for the great time and so much fun.

Posted (edited)

Wow, sad panda. I just tried unsuccessfully to log in for old times' sake. It's been a while, since my wife and I had a kiddo recently.

Shoutout to all those who made my experience exactly what it was - a relaxing, fun experience time and time again. Thank you to Sorry not Sorry, with whom I found a home for several years. I can't tell you how much fun I had smashing face, fucking around, shitting on Olana, and talking as much trash as I could all the while knowing I just played a character thats main strategy was right click and rolling the dice. 

Dep and the PvP homies; you guys fuckin' killed it, and I enjoyed riding on your coat tails. Every BG was at the very least a fun/funny time. I'll always have love for my Warsong crew. 

To all those who killed, camped and emoted me, or got the same from me, I salute you and hope to see you guys somewhere on some server in the future. 

Goodnight for now, Lucy.

Edited by Shamburgler
  • Like 1

Bummer to see excal close, been here many years. Ended up trying out a new server called tbc5man, instant 70. The pvp is great if any of the sorry not sorry fam sees this! I am playing shortonheals there. Also has a unique pve system, all raids 5 players. Seen a couple other excal players there. 

Any chance at reviving the server seeing as how many of us are stuck at home with FA to do? 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, Agenda said:

Bummer to see excal close, been here many years. Ended up trying out a new server called tbc5man, instant 70. The pvp is great if any of the sorry not sorry fam sees this! I am playing shortonheals there. Also has a unique pve system, all raids 5 players. Seen a couple other excal players there. 

Lets make it great again! https://discord.gg/mu4zVZr

5 hours ago, Lance789 said:

Any chance at reviving the server seeing as how many of us are stuck at home with FA to do? 

Youll find many old exca players on this link as well :) https://discord.gg/mu4zVZr

Posted (edited)

Hello,

let me preface this post by saying I don't really understand why I'm writing any of this, but as fellow humans you might understand permanent homeoffice doesn't result in rational behaviour (Day 12(?), I installed WoW again, why?!).

I couldn't care less about you closing the server, I understand there's myriad of factors that came into play regarding that decision; after running a TBC private server for over a decade.., well, life changes. So it goes.

I could, but won't, go on a tangent about how it could've been handled better; not privy to the background info, commenting on that would be silly.

All I have is a question. After fracturing a community, however distant and small, and hardly following up on the promises made regarding transition, how can you actually delete posts mentioning other private servers on these forums? There's been a couple of people sharing a link for a TBC server* made custom for 5 man raids; all of which were subsequently deleted. I mean what the fuck do you care about people sharing their experience of other servers with other providers after you closed up?

Is there any sort of a rational reason based on which you mind the players, from a server you closed, to meet and continue enjoying the TBC experience on a different private platform?

Seriously, I honestly don't really understand why it pisses me off, but deleting posts by members of the community mentioning other servers where a bunch of players from here could migrate is...like, why, man?

Seriously, fuck off, you're just acting like dicks at this point.

*I actually made an account there and it looks like it might be fun! So everything written above this is a prejudiced, emotional, opinionated and a subjective comment with 0 value.

Edited by dwarfrogue

6 hours ago, dwarfrogue said:

Hello,

let me preface this post by saying I don't really understand why I'm writing any of this, but as fellow humans you might understand permanent homeoffice doesn't result in rational behaviour (Day 12(?), I installed WoW again, why?!).

I couldn't care less about you closing the server, I understand there's myriad of factors that came into play regarding that decision; after running a TBC private server for over a decade.., well, life changes. So it goes.

I could, but won't, go on a tangent about how it could've been handled better; not privy to the background info, commenting on that would be silly.

All I have is a question. After fracturing a community, however distant and small, and hardly following up on the promises made regarding transition, how can you actually delete posts mentioning other private servers on these forums? There's been a couple of people sharing a link for a TBC server* made custom for 5 man raids; all of which were subsequently deleted. I mean what the fuck do you care about people sharing their experience of other servers with other providers after you closed up?

Is there any sort of a rational reason based on which you mind the players, from a server you closed, to meet and continue enjoying the TBC experience on a different private platform?

Seriously, I honestly don't really understand why it pisses me off, but deleting posts by members of the community mentioning other servers where a bunch of players from here could migrate is...like, why, man?

Seriously, fuck off, you're just acting like dicks at this point.

*I actually made an account there and it looks like it might be fun! So everything written above this is a prejudiced, emotional, opinionated and a subjective comment with 0 value.

I guess they might have policy where they dont want other servers to make advertisment page out of the forums. I kinda get you and them also.