MrAladeen

All good things

On 29/01/2020 at 4:08 PM, Vitiate said:

Will point out that it is very r00d not to include me ):

New phone who dis? 

2 hours ago, Ziorthedood said:

I took this oportunity in server closure to move along and go do something else whether its more family time more sports activity or just entertainment in more social way like meeting friends for a beer or go bowling. Could be good idea i thought id share with you as a mate and former guildie server closing could be blessing in disguise. 

Now they just need to close all the other games I am addicted to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ziorthedood said:

I took this oportunity in server closure to move along and go do something else whether its more family time more sports activity or just entertainment in more social way like meeting friends for a beer or go bowling. Could be good idea i thought id share with you as a mate and former guildie server closing could be blessing in disguise. 

I am glad it's working out good for you. The only time my private life suffered was end of 2014 and begining of 2015 for about 4-5 months altogether. I have only been playing in 1 active guild at any given time, so raiding max 2-3 times per week with no need for farming. Such steady pace has almost no impact on real life when you go raid instead of watching 2 movies or 4 episodes of something in the evening. 
I understand that some of you had been much more into it. Everyone plays at his own pace within assorted capabilities.

• Like 1

Hm shit

Unfortunate, considering how very important I was. Hopefully them characters are gonna get saved in some way cause the loss of Huntardation would be on the same level as losing a cultural heritage site. 

Looks like a shaman tank showed up in my absence. I'm sure he or she must not have been as obnoxious and conceited as I was 5 years ago. And now.

Critman is one of the most impressive players I've encountered in a MMO. The few times I've checked on Excalibur over the last years, I was always impressed seeing him still doing...that.

Seeing Mubashir in this thread n whatnot, everyone else I knew is probably dead or dying, or worse - married or employed. 

Since we're sharing memories, let me remind you of how important and cool I was 6 years ago. Don't worry, I've become even cooler and more important now, especially since I now know that ranged auto-attack counts as a cast and prevents avoidance...

I chose Excalibur in part because it implemented a function to switch to 1x rates from the default 2x at the right time. I left in part because it felt like it was becoming overmoderated in both pvp (ganking limit) and world chat. I favor servers which let the ignore function and the in-game filter do the moderating, and thus found that my time here was up. Also unfortunate because there are more weird things that I'd like to try and be obnoxious about. 

• Like 1

Damn shame.  Admittedly I didn't log onto the server yet this year, but i just got my custom gaming PC made and just felt an urge to play only to be greeted by this post.

I have played only one other BC private server 'cant recall name' and nothing else as far as emulators for BC or other wow expansions.  With that said I don't know if I'll ever find another emulator 'at least for BC' to fill the hole Excalibur is about to leave.  I am curious about this character transfer that is mentioned.  No idea the workings of it, but I'll keep tabs and even plan to attend the final days of the server as the final countdown for Excalibur begins.

It's been so much fun being able to experience leveling my hunter 'Koraga' again and running heroics.  I have to give my thanks for experiencing the completion of the Karazan and Gruul's Lair raid .  Two things I never got to experience on retail.  Even with my past experiences that's not to say i had more than a fair amount of cringey hunters moments still.  Thank you Excalibur team for all the fun and experiences.  It was comforting to know I could go back and replay the best WOW expansion, but of course all great things come to an end.  

Edited by Remmick
Last sentence

8 days left. This is high time to say we are going to either have transfers and onto which realm or that we won't have any transfers ongoing. 21st is a deadline as far as its coming from the opening post of this thread.

Any information will be revealed soon enough like in two days or so or the rumours will stay rumours and won't come true? Keeping players like this until the deadline is about to be hit isn't going to make it anywhere good cause we won't have time to make the said transfers. Its not done in an instant this takes time for both the future server's admins and current ones to share the data. 

And also for players to move. Creating accounts moving onto server lvling enough so you can talk than speaking to the gm's when the transfer is beeing proceeded - it doesn't take like only 5 mins as far as the account creation is proceeded but some more.

And with our huge playerbase that has 70 lvl characters that they are willing to have some sort of use with moving this many chars at once requires lots of patience if players are to make the transfer themselves. Unless youre planning to move everyone at lvl 70 with one go automatically.

So how is it admins? Do we sink or do we swim and when?

On 1/28/2020 at 9:24 PM, Carebot said:

You realize the transfer could be opened after the server shut down?

@gejzer again, in 1 week you wont be able to log, transfer is a different thing. 

Idk how many transfers were you guys tru and on any of them a server was live when the staff from the new server that you are transferring onto were processing it. They were logging your character zipping its info into a file than retransferring said character onto new realm. After it was transferred - in most cases it was only than deleted from previous server's database.

In most cases it was done like that. Some transfers especially to a wotlk / cata realms were keeping the characters on the old server untouched. Though on the same patch as from 2.4.3 to 2.4.3 no matter the char's progression in every single case it was deletion after transfer was proceeded.

No matter what the case though be it from tbc to wotlk + realm or any realm that the original character was at - the staff had to LOG your character to confirm that your'e its owner by simply put giving the staff your account info. After confirmation info was gathered as said above and thing was ongoing.

There are ways around that like making the possibility for account's owner to zip the info into a file and send that account file to the future server's admin but its actually requiring an existing dev to make it happen. Do we have one? NO. Thats the major problem with this.

Will it be possible with a free factionchange in case the transfer will be to a server that doesn’t have crossfasction? I know its alot to ask...

Edited by Lynhurtig
  • NotLikeThis 1

Thank you for letting us play on your fantastic server, if you wouldn't mind selling me a copy, I would definitely make a new physical server to keep it going! anyways thank you for the opportunity to have so much fun and meet characters such as Andy and Lazy & all of my friends in corruption and reboot and insomniacs and Pilav and Kaikush Gary etc etc etc.... may we all meet again someday. -cptmorgan -fireball 

• Like 2

Just curious, any chance for a transfer where you get to keep your items? Just wondering if I should clear my 12 tabs of guild bank space into pretty many bank toons? 

What about tradeskills? Got a chanter with 100% recipes, would those transfer? 

Hey, you can use the addon altoholic to make a record of your characters. I grabbed a repack and was able to rebuild my toons and play them locally. Goodluck all!

Thanks to everyone, it was good days

Dahler - Ames( Ames Ban Hammer) - Belladona - Aman -Phase - Thelx - assassin - Somoonra - Mub - khopcha  -Naster - Alikhoof <3 -Varikina - Puddi - Liam(Fatalady)

I wish you all success in life

Bye Excalibur

Alexis   2009-2020

Edited by Alexis
  • Sad 3

best privateserver experience I've had. Been away for a few years but I spent some years on Excalibur and feels some sadness its ending.

Hopefully there are many others out there who also had a great time and lived their second adventure in Outland (or first) on excalibur.

I still got my screenshots, my videos and the memories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHWf-POkv-s&list=PLH7AkYNd1hzlk0Mh6V6s7iwDkW7W5E6fO&index=2&t=330s

and some more @https://www.youtube.com/user/neyvonswe

best privateserver experience I've had. Been away for a few years but I spent some years on Excalibur and feels some sadness its ending.

Hopefully there are many others out there who also had a great time and lived their second adventure in Outland (or first) on excalibur.

I still got my screenshots, my videos and the memories!

and some more @https://www.youtube.com/user/neyvonswe

• Like 1

Since Excalibur is finally done, I want to say few words.

In my opinion, it was indeed the best private server I played on. Of course I had some issues with few players who pissed me off, but compared to other servers and the bullshit I went through there, Excalibur was indeed great. Also, Excalibur was one of the friendliest servers I played on and there was a really small amount of bugs, unlike Feenix WoW for example. I liked the level 70 gift system as it really boosts your comfidence heading into heroics and raids.

Hopefully, private TBC gaming will live on since it is by far my favourite expansion.

Thank you all for keeping this alive for so many years.

Mikro

Mikraa

Piinkylol

Gawdlim

Aralle