Varikina

Happy holidays!

An item from the store costs what, 15-ish dollars?

Depending on your country, that's ~1-3 hours of work.

If you really want to get it, well, people above said it better than I can.

You spend hundreds of hours in the game. If you can't sacrifice 3 hours of your life to get an item you want (or can't get it yourself, duh?), maybe you don't really want/need it.

Look at it from the bright side, the Forum is so lively now! :D
Not only this topic, but also bug reports and some other ones got pretty active somehow.

Edited by Bon

I've always considered it a donation anytime I've contributed to the shard. They let you play for free and it's nice to show your appreciation for all the work the staff puts in.  Really if your worried that the things you bought here won't be there tomorrow maybe you should spend your money irl then and hold what you bought. Otherwise support what you like or love not expecting it to come back to you. Sounds kind of foolhardy to advise people who also like what you like to not support what you both enjoy.

3 minutes ago, Sairaxe said:

I've always considered it a donation anytime I've contributed to the shard. They let you play for free and it's nice to show your appreciation for all the work the staff puts in.  Really if your worried that the things you bought here won't be there tomorrow maybe you should spend your money irl then and hold what you bought. Otherwise support what you like or love not expecting it to come back to you. Sounds kind of foolhardy to advise people who also like what you like to not support what you both enjoy.

Should have quoted the post I was replying to because now it's gone lol

1 hour ago, Thegreatsale said:

It's got something to do with freedom of speech and free sharing of individual opinion. Something that has been violated by some gm's many times before on previous forum by editing, hiding, deleting, muting,... 

Besides supporting liberal constitution rights I believe that a feedback no matter what it looks or sounds like is a gift for the individual or party receiving it.

Freedom of speech exist, but normally forums have rules, sections and in general appropriate places to express that opinion. This is happy holidays thread, not "Gaming Spoiled brats support group".

Constantly being negative and shitting on everything should be toned down a little and if people can't understand themselves how and what is okay to say... Well maybe moderation should be implied. 

In this topic specific, if your kids or spouse said things about your gift, would you consider it freedom of speech or plain rude.

"Dad, no wonder you bought us cheap Chinese dolls, not real Barbies, you just want to save money, all you care about is yourself DAD".

Would you proceed to parent them or just let them disrespect you?

"Well next year my little princesses are getting some coal barbies for X-mas".

Consider this X-mas officially COALd for. 

Edited by Spacey

4 hours ago, Spacey said:

Freedom of speech exist, but normally forums have rules

Let's make a server played by forums then :D Let's see how it goes.

4 hours ago, Spacey said:

In this topic specific, if your kids or spouse said things about your gift, would you consider it freedom of speech or plain rude.

"Dad, no wonder you bought us cheap Chinese dolls, not real Barbies, you just want to save money, all you care about is yourself DAD".

Would you proceed to parent them or just let them disrespect you?

Last year my spouse said: Thanks hunny for this wonderful laptop, this year she said thanks hun for this wonderful car. 

However in any year of 10 years that we are together for gifts ranging between 2k-30k €  per piece she never altogether showed that many feelings (positive or negative) as i could see in any comment i can read here for 15 € (1500 credits). Just wash your mom's car and buy 5000 credits for it and stop crying. 

P.S.: I didn't really get the part about Chinese dolls vs Barbies. Could you please elaborate?

Edited by Thegreatsale
  • SeemsGood 2

11 hours ago, Thegreatsale said:

It's got something to do with freedom of speech and free sharing of individual opinion. Something that has been violated by some gm's many times before on previous forum by editing, hiding, deleting, muting,... 

Besides supporting liberal constitution rights I believe that a feedback no matter what it looks or sounds like is a gift for the individual or party receiving it.

Freedom of speech is a protection against government banning speech of its citizens. It does not just allow you to say whatever you want. This is evident in the fact you can get fired from a job based on your speech. In this case, Excalibur is a private server owned by an individual who is allowed to do what he chooses with his private property. There is no freedom of speech here. The rules are dictated to you and you agree to them when you join the server/forum.

As to feedback, we do receive it. We don't delete it. If it violates the afor mentioned rules we will not continue to make it available for public consumption. So the staff who has been empowered by the owner are just exercising our freedoms that pertain to private property as described in most liberal constitutions. 

This is my gift to you. Have a wonderful day.

• SeemsGood 1
  • PogChamp 2

3 hours ago, Aerion said:

This is evident in the fact you can get fired from a job based on your speech.

Trump got hired for things he said which would be all hidden if they were written here :D

While it is probably true what you say about ownership of server, as i own many things too i know that also owners can't freely do what they please. Succesful ownership is more of a responsibility than it is a privilege. 

Any of what was written doesn't change the fact that current GMing is by far better than the one few years ago. There you go another gift, back to back. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thegreatsale said:

Trump got hired for things he said which would be all hidden if they were written here :D

While it is probably true what you say about ownership of server, as i own many things too i know that also owners can't freely do what they please. Succesful ownership is more of a responsibility than it is a privilege. 

Any of what was written doesn't change the fact that current GMing is by far better than the one few years ago. There you go another gift, back to back. 

Thank you and have a wonderful day too.

We do appreciate that you feel the quality of the GM staff has improved over time. We do our best to at least listen to the multitude of opinions, with a large range of diversity, that are presented. 

I agree that owners of property can not do just anything. This is why we provide or rules and policies/ToS upfront and require everyone to agree to them. 

As for Trump and any other world leader, if they show up, they have to follow the same rules as everyone else. There is only one person who is "above the law" around here and that is our glorious dictator. 😂

• Like 1

first of all thanks excalibur for keeping up the server  and this event . also i wish all of you guys such a lovely and  blessed year.

about credits im not a free loader and i support the idea of server needing money to maintain so people have to donate so the rest of others can play free

as you may know im from iran .back in days like 2007 to 2011 i personally donated around 15000 euros  ( actually 3-4 time of this number because i had to pay some middle people so some one out side of iran would send the money to excalibur  , sometimes they was frauds and the money was gone ... anyway ) things changed iran is under heavy sanctions and also paypal never worked in this country  and also its hard to get money out of country for regular people and on the top of that getting money here is really difficult im teaching match for like 3 dollars/hour ...anyway all things made it impossible to donate for server and on the other hand these  new years credits was the only source of legit credit gaining by people from my country  wich is gone now , thankfully i have like 2 accoutns from credits from last year  for emergency uses but well .... thats it . anyway wanted to explain the situation of iranians who playing here , although it doesn't matter its in the news that irans gov will  block the internet  soon and this time for ever just like north Korea so why should i care ? in case this happens i wish you and server all well and i hope for forgiveness if i had done any wrong to any of you guys

Edited by assasine
  • Sad 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

7 hours ago, Azelen said:

But bitter truth is that everything good comes to an end at some point and so does my time here. So many things not finished, so many ideas not implemented and so many bugs still not fixed, but I am truly proud of what we all have created here together.

~best regards, Azelen.

i remember the day ex admin solaris told me he wants a server fully scripted from level 10 to 70 all working and scripted server , i remember  swp with all mele bosses i remember old bt and i tanked alot of them for the server  there was some bad stuff too but good stuff over weights server/we the people  ow you guys a big time specially you azelen  thu it would be such a pity  not  having  you with us anymore . as atari would say gamers never die they just respawn . thanks for all things have you done and we will not forget you  . wish you all the well , not only you but the rest of excaliburs staff who are not with us anymore

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thedruid said:

this thread feels like a farewell message, is this is it, end of it all?

Its Azelen's farewell :) We will all miss him! :(

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

while i was playing today someone claimed that there was a forums topic that server is about to shut down in feb  , he sent me a link which doesnt work but somehow got me woried ? can anyone let us know if its true ?

2 minutes ago, assasine said:

while i was playing today someone claimed that there was a forums topic that server is about to shut down in feb  , he sent me a link which doesnt work but somehow got me woried ? can anyone let us know if its true ?

It's a fake link. That guy (Moopidstams) is trolling 24/7 in World Chat.

Edited by Patife19
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, assasine said:

Please dismiss any rumours of Excalibur shutting down. This is a false rumour.

• Thanks 2