Sign in to follow this  
Varikina

Double rates

Hey guys, double rates will be active from Friday 19th 00:01 to Sunday 21st 23:59 ST.

Following rates for all factions will be increased: experience, resting, honor, item drop, gathering and gold.

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Varikina said:

item drop, gathering

Is this to say that drop amounts will be doubled like it was years ago (double bojs, herbs, motes, etc...) or does this mean drop chances will be doubled like recent events?

BoJ is not included, drop rates for all items are doubled like in recent events.

Regards~

I've wondered how does doubled drop rates/chance change loot table groups that already add up to 100%? I can understand double chance to help while farming items that do not always drop or the group in the loot table is not 100% but does it chance anything for loot table groups which do?

So example lets say I'm skinning something with the following drops

0BNwkcM.png

They both share the same loot group adding up to 100%, how or does double rates change anything in a scenario such as this? Does doubling rates push the scraps off the loot table all together or is there no change. I'm asking out of curiosity and it doesn't have to pertain only to leather but any loot group which already has a 100% chance to drop something.

38 minutes ago, 7Xg033%[email protected] said:

Is this to say that drop amounts will be doubled like it was years ago (double bojs, herbs, motes, etc...) or does this mean drop chances will be doubled like recent events?

We have never doubled herbs motes etc drops, only chances. Badges of Justice were exclusive in this.

2 minutes ago, 7Xg033%2[email protected] said:

I've wondered how does doubled drop rates/chance change loot table groups that already add up to 100%? I can understand double chance to help while farming items that do not always drop or the group in the loot table is not 100% but does it chance anything for loot table groups which do?

So example lets say I'm skinning something with the following drops

0BNwkcM.png

They both share the same loot group adding up to 100%, how or does double rates change anything in a scenario such as this? Does doubling rates push the scraps off the loot table all together or is there no change. I'm asking out of curiosity and it doesn't have to pertain only to leather but any loot group which already has a 100% chance to drop something.

Nope, nothing changes in this case, items cannot be pushed out of loot group. So basically drop chances remain the same.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Understood thanks for the info, 1 last question though. Do these rates effect boss drops, specifically warglaives since unlike thoridal which shares a group that does add up to 100% glaives are in  their own separate loot group which does not add up to 100%. I think I've seen people claim a staff member said it did not change these rates but just wanted confirmation one way or another ^_^

Edited by 7Xg033%[email protected]

6 minutes ago, 7Xg033%[email protected] said:

I thought I recalled being able to extract more than 5 motes per windy cloud a few years back.

This is technically not possible right now, requires either a core implementation or database changing up and down when rates start and end which is not a good solution.

13 minutes ago, 7Xg033%[email protected] said:

Understood thanks for the info, 1 last question though. Do these rates effect boss drops, specifically warglaives since unlike thoridal which shares a group that does add up to 100% glaives are in  their own separate loot group which does not add up to 100%. I think I've seen people claim a staff member said it did not change these rates but just wanted confirmation one way or another ^_^

No, neither Thori'dal or Warglaives of Azzinoth are affected.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

May I make a request to extend the xp4 time until say 5am Monday morning... Being a NA player I'm sitting here on what would be a thriving Sunday night with lots of content being ran, but instead population is pretty low. Can us NA players get some love every once in a while? You guys start xp4 while us NA players are at work and basically only get 1 and 1/2 days to really even enjoy xp4. Thanks for your consideration.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Chonez said:

May I make a request to extend the xp4 time until say 5am Monday morning... Being a NA player I'm sitting here on what would be a thriving Sunday night with lots of content being ran, but instead population is pretty low. Can us NA players get some love every once in a while? You guys start xp4 while us NA players are at work and basically only get 1 and 1/2 days to really even enjoy xp4. Thanks for your consideration.

This would be nice, currently rates end at 6pm which is pretty much when im getting home and miss out on them.