Jump to content
Vitiate

Cross-faction Guilds

Recommended Posts

On 7/9/2019 at 5:34 AM, Vitiate said:

Greetings!

 

As of the latest revision, crossfaction also applies in guilds.

 

This means you no longer have to have two separate guilds for Alliance and Horde, you can invite both factions to one guild.

 

Please let us know if you encounter any issues!

 

Regards~~

So do we need to do something to activate this?  For sister guilds do the players of one faction need to gquit and get invited by the remaining guild?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Amur said:

So do we need to do something to activate this?  For sister guilds do the players of one faction need to gquit and get invited by the remaining guild?

GM-s are not merging guilds that have a guild on each faction so yeah, if you want to merge you different faction guilds people should gquit 1 though this option is not mandatory for people to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Funky said:

in some way crossBGs would help the server BGque to be A LOT faster, but on the other side, some people really do take their side pretty serious, and you would "kill the game" for them. So there are + and - on both sides of it I guess.

 

I always solved the long BG queues by logging to my Alliance mirror(mirror apart from racials) character.

 

And also I think the 'im in blues and dont play pvp cause i get rekt by epic pplz' argument is weak... It isnt THAT hard to just grind out the s2 set in like 20 hours of gameplay, so you become on par with the majority of players in BG's. And if you want, you can also go get deestroyed in arenas for half an hoir a week. And in like 3 weeks you will have 2x S4 armour and will have a very nice gear quality for BG's.

  • Haha 1
  • PogChamp 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly would probably start to PvP more if BG's were cross faction. I also don't know how they would make it possible but would be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Maunga Turoto said:

 

I always solved the long BG queues by logging to my Alliance mirror(mirror apart from racials) character.

 

And also I think the 'im in blues and dont play pvp cause i get rekt by epic pplz' argument is weak... It isnt THAT hard to just grind out the s2 set in like 20 hours of gameplay, so you become on par with the majority of players in BG's. And if you want, you can also go get deestroyed in arenas for half an hoir a week. And in like 3 weeks you will have 2x S4 armour and will have a very nice gear quality for BG's.

 

20hours to get s2 and 3 weeks to have 2x s4 armor? You are good at math xD

 

Full s2/weps and accessories is like 175k+ honor and marks. If you are lucky to get 2k honor per hour...thats like ~90hours which is about right.

Arena ~225 points for 10 losses (you are undergeared, can't expect to win). For example Gloves and Pants(requires 1550 rating) it's 3000 arena points, which will take you about 13 weeks if you are low rating.

Edited by Patife19
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Patife19, I agree, you are right to some degree. I did just make lazy estimates based off my own experiences.

Ok. 20 hours of BG play actually does feel pretty accurate to me, to get all the epics(ok, minus the top rank trinket).

And as for arena, I think the flush comes every 5 days, right? And 300 points is more realistic, I suck at pvp and i still go up against other sucky players who just want the 10 games, so I go like 2 wins, 8 losses usually. So das 1200 after 20 days. Enough for gloves. And then about 25-30 days to get the pants(dont say 1550 rating is hard to get). 3 weeks for 1x bis pvp item. Another 4 weeks for the 2nd bis item.

And considering how easy it is, and how it only takes 30m-1h per flush to achieve, seems like a reasonable hurdle to put between a newcomer and their dream of being very reasonably geared in BG's.

 

Edit:

Fuckit, ok, I'm sorry. 30 hours of BG gameplay for all the s2.

Edited by Maunga Turoto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Funky said:

If you put me on the same team as Olana I will hire Russian hackers to destroy you. :P

Jokes ofc. On a serious note, in some way crossBGs would help the server BGque to be A LOT faster, but on the other side, some people really do take their side pretty serious, and you would "kill the game" for them. So there are + and - on both sides of it I guess. 

P.S. Love you Olana. <3 

You do realises Olana is not a girl anymore? Dude got exposed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KGBagent said:

You do realises Olana is not a girl anymore? Dude got exposed?

Tell me more in DM plx. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify, cross faction arena/battlegrounds is not as easy of an implementation as cross faction guilds. Additionally, we do still want to keep the faction war alive in some way. 

  • Agree 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Nerokk said:

Just to clarify, cross faction arena/battlegrounds is not as easy of an implementation as cross faction guilds. Additionally, we do still want to keep the faction war alive in some way. 

I do believe its important to keep it alive. There are many old and new rivalries that are keeping the essence of the game alive, would be a shame to kill them. But on the other hand it would be amazing to find a way to speed up the BG queue time, not an easy thing to do of course. In a way tho if someone wants to play a BG, 8/10 people will wait 10+ minutes anyway imo. 

Edited by Funky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nerokk said:

Just to clarify, cross faction arena/battlegrounds is not as easy of an implementation as cross faction guilds. Additionally, we do still want to keep the faction war alive in some way. 

to be honest id pretty much see the server alive rather than holding onto the thought of horde vs alliance grudge, at this point it should be clear to all of you big shots that the server is at the all time low and the nr 1 thing atm is to keep it alive smh

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Thedruid said:

to be honest id pretty much see the server alive rather than holding onto the thought of horde vs alliance grudge, at this point it should be clear to all of you big shots that the server is at the all time low and the nr 1 thing atm is to keep it alive smh

The way to keep it alive is not to keep the player base we have, its to bring new people in and what kind of image of the server to potential new players does it give when they see Xfaction bg-s? 

  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carebot said:

The way to keep it alive is not to keep the player base we have, its to bring new people in and what kind of image of the server to potential new players does it give when they see Xfaction bg-s? 

well they are not interested in bringing in new ppl thats why i said it, look all of the suggestions which are suggested towards bringing in the new ppl and how many of those great suggestions are actually implemented? pretty much zero i would say. if they are not interested in getting the new ppl then they should atleast try to hold onto the last of us still remaining here. pretty much only the veterans still play bg´s and lately they have been starting to quit as well because who would want to wait so much time on a queue.. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Thedruid said:

to be honest id pretty much see the server alive rather than holding onto the thought of horde vs alliance grudge, at this point it should be clear to all of you big shots that the server is at the all time low and the nr 1 thing atm is to keep it alive smh

This 100%

 

 

21 hours ago, Carebot said:

The way to keep it alive is not to keep the player base we have, its to bring new people in and what kind of image of the server to potential new players does it give when they see Xfaction bg-s? 

This argument only works for people with your same viewpoint which is not a majority. If that were the case then all the non blizzlike elements that they did 10+ years ago to attract players wouldnt have worked such as purchasble legendaries/sunwell items, bojs from vanilla content, crossfaction grouping, messaging, auction house, but it did work to attract a playerbase. The whole blizzlike or nothing endall be all mentality has done more harm to the server than good over the past few years.

Edited by 7Xg033%[email protected]
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×