Sign in to follow this  
Varikina

Vote event June

The toplists have reset and we are starting a new vote event. If the spots on all sites are reached before the 18th of June the rates will be upped for 3 days!

- reach a place in the top 5 on Gtop100 list

- reach a place in the top 15 on TopG list

- reach a place in the top 20 on Xtremetop100 list

- reach a place in the top 20 on Top100arena list

We will double the following rates for all factions: experience, resting, honor, item drop, gathering and gold.

Be sure to login to our account tools at: http://account.excalibur.ws/ and click on the voting tab.

• Thanks 1

@Varikina

>Mounts<>Tabards< only :(

I mean any news about add new item ?

for example:

T1~t2~t3~Consumables~Containers~and +n

:(:(:/

"We will be looking into improving vote events and events regarding double rates in the coming days." any news on this?

• Agree 1

We do have some ideas we're working on, will let you know as soon as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A couple ideas, I notice lately it is hard for fresh 70s to get into dungeons, maybe you could add level 70 dungeon set pieces for vote points and/or Badge of justice gear (not the badges themselves). Another thing I thought of is maybe a voting activity feature like you have with battlegrounds could maybe help incentivize people to vote and help bring in new players.

Double rates will be active from 21st of June 00:01 to 23rd of June 23:59 ST.

Regards~

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bilzo said:

A couple ideas, I notice lately it is hard for fresh 70s to get into dungeons, maybe you could add level 70 dungeon set pieces for vote points and/or Badge of justice gear (not the badges themselves). Another thing I thought of is maybe a voting activity feature like you have with battlegrounds could maybe help incentivize people to vote and help bring in new players.

What do you mean with battlegrounds?

Well with battlegrounds we have battleground activity feature

10 daily games completed = 10 Badge of Justice 
20 daily games completed = Baby Shark 
50 daily games completed = 3 Black Sack of Gems 
100 daily games completed = Green Dragon Orb and 20 Large Blue Rocket Cluster etc,

maybe there could be something like this for voting, little bonuses for milestones.

How about a pool in which players can donate their vote coins too to fund a greater goal. So instead of double rates happening when we reach X position on the top sites have a fund such as when 1000 vote coins (or what ever number is reasonable) get donated to this fund/pool the server will enable double rates for X period of time. This gives players the feel that their votes are actually going somewhere versus now where people vote in hopes to reach positions in the topsites and if that fails have no return for their voting; sure they have their vote coins but as many have said there isn't much use for the coins after you get a mount or some fun items. This method make sure vote coins actually are getting used, ensures that every vote coin spent on the goal is actually used and progressing the cause for double rates, and might also push more people to vote. I'm assuming after the announcement of double rates being applied votes drop off as the goal have already been reached but with a pool once the goal is reached, double rates are applied, the pool resets to 0 and votes still have meaning as you can spend them towards the next event.

Some things to consider would be the first few pools would most likely happen really fast since there are many players who just have loads of vote coins since there is nothing to spend them on (after you get your desired items) but this system would act as a vote sink.

Double rates may also no longer happen only on weekends since the randomness of when the goal is reached but the goal amount could be changed to keep things balanced. Would be a good time to enable the callback from the vote sites too to make sure people are actually voting, when you give the population something to vote for where they can see that their vote has made a difference then more people might be inclined to vote.

Edited by 7Xg033%[email protected]
  • Agree 1
  • SeemsGood 1

10 hours ago, 7Xg033%[email protected] said:

How about a pool in which players can donate their vote coins too to fund a greater goal.

Seems gud, but there is a problem which is that coins != votes. You can get many coins on many accounts while voting only once or not voting at all.

So this doesn't really push the server up in the ranks.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Bon said:

Seems gud, but there is a problem which is that coins != votes. You can get many coins on many accounts while voting only once or not voting at all.

So this doesn't really push the server up in the ranks.

This is exactly why i suggested enabling the postbacks from the voting sites which is currently disabled. Right now there is no voting check what so ever, how many people simple click the vote links in the excalibur accounts page then close the tabs without ever actually voting. Excal will still count these as votes even though the user never voted, with the current system someone could easilly setup a bot to just GET their vote links on all their accounts twice a day and the excal system would count all these as votes. I know forsure TopG has the support for postback and im assuing the others should as well. The way this works is when a user votes the topg topsite (or the other ones assuming they support it) will send a confirmation back to excal ensuring the vote went through which solves the issue of players not voting which you have brought up.

https://topg.org/voting_check

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 7Xg033%[email protected] said:

This is exactly why i suggested enabling the postbacks from the voting sites which is currently disabled. Right now there is no voting check what so ever, how many people simple click the vote links in the excalibur accounts page then close the tabs without ever actually voting. Excal will still count these as votes even though the user never voted, with the current system someone could easilly setup a bot to just GET their vote links on all their accounts twice a day and the excal system would count all these as votes. I know forsure TopG has the support for postback and im assuing the others should as well. The way this works is when a user votes the topg topsite (or the other ones assuming they support it) will send a confirmation back to excal ensuring the vote went through which solves the issue of players not voting which you have brought up.

https://topg.org/voting_check

On 3/16/2019 at 9:18 PM, 7Xg033%[email protected] said:

Do any of the vote sites support any sort of confirmation callback? I've seen some topsites have this but I don't know if the ones we do have it. Cause currently if someone is only voting for coins and doesnt care about topsite ranking they are probably just clicking the vote links and closing the new tabs without voting since you get the coin by just clicking all 4 links in the excal account panel even if you dont do the captcha and actually vote on the topsite.

On 3/17/2019 at 10:10 PM, Nerokk said:

We decided to disable callbacks because they were acting up quite frequently and resulted in players only receiving coins 1/2 of the time. We figured this was a better option than players being frustrated from not receiving coins.

Edited by Bon

I've read those quotes in the past but that doesn't really mean it's a good decision. If your point is that coins do not equal votes OR that it doesn't help with ranking in the top sites then you should be able to see that their choice is a poor one. Simply quoting a suggestion made by myself doesn't actually show any new information does it now? Nor does it address either of the issues.

The main point being if you are concerned about people actually voting or topsite position then there is a clear solution which they have failed to implement for what in all honestly sounds like a piss-poor excuse. But in the end all these points seem moot as there is no opposing arguments that the server is losing population and topsite position will not be salvation.

We do stand by our decision. It is certainly better for the server to potentially take a hit, rather than the players themselves. In the end, our goal is that players are happy and do not need to deal with unnecessary issues. 

A potential hit? Oh i believe it's a full blown hit. How many players have left or how much more does population have to go down before this potential hit as you call it effects players themselves, stopping them or making it harder to form groups for pve or pvp. Log during NA times or just view world chat during these hours, seeing people spend so long trying to form groups.

It's around 20:00 UTC now and server pop is 475 as shown on the home page, though my guess is it's actually lower since the homepage seems to show login server numbers versus actual charactered logged into the world. Comparing these numbers to the recent months at 20:00 we're closer to 800. You can see it's a downward trend, I'm only offering a suggestions as a mean to rectify some of this.

hsNeocM.png

• Agree 1

So... You guys, Excalibur people? Did we make the top list? Are we getting double rates this weekend or what? Today is the 20th

Oh and by the way, is people want to set up Bots to go to the website get the coins and not actually vote then they only have themselves to blame when the rates don't get doubled ever again. So, they can be content with their special mounts and faction changes and whatever that they bought with their gold coins. But I don't think they really realize or care whether they get four times XP

On 6/19/2019 at 8:10 AM, Varikina said:

Double rates will be active from 21st of June 00:01 to 23rd of June 23:59 ST.

Regards~