Nerokk

New Battleground Activity Feature

To clear some things up: you can play as many games as you want every day, but only the first game is counted towards milestone progress. It can be either win or loss. You are not required to play every day, progress does not reset if you miss a day, two or even whole week. Daily progress resets at the same time as daily quests. Soon we will add a chat command to let you check your status, will be announced later.

• Like 4

Just now, Deplorable said:

So if you do 1 a day, it'll take 500 days for top awards?

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Deplorable said:

So if you do 1 a day, it'll take 500 days for top awards?

Mission Impossible Excalibur 2020

the idea is awesome it will promote pve for sure and i hope to increase population slightly too but there is one problem remaining , 500 days of bg is a bit farfetched i mean its even more than a year ,  it would be better to make  it something possible , even in worth case scenario 200 days would be nice but 500....

Edited by assasine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, assasine said:

the idea is awesome it will promote pve for sure and i hope to increase population slightly too but there is one problem remaining , 500 days of bg is a bit farfetched i mean its even more than a year ,  it would be better to make  it something possible , even in worth case scenario 200 days would be nice but 500....

3 minutes ago, Quimera said:

Mission Impossible Excalibur 2020

Well, you get to PvP every day just as you did before, but you get some nice candies for doing so. (The ones you didn't have before).

The ones who stay for a long time get the best prizes - makes perfect sense to me.

I can't believe my eyes this has happened, this is quite awesome. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw would you mind to please put this  in one of those blue system messages so everyone would  know about it ?  thanks

Another great addition....
Glad to see that you're willing to compromise some part of "blizzlike" if the reason is good enough.
As always thank you so much Excalibur team for all your work, ESPECIALY in the last month or so.

• Like 2

@Azelen

I assume that the variable to store the amount of dailies completed is already somewhere in the code (well, you check for the prizes somehow, right?)

Could you, please, add a "." command to check how many daily bgs you've completed? (for example, .bgactivity)

12 hours ago, Azelen said:

Soon we will add a chat command to let you check your status, will be announced later.

Command will also show how many battleground games you have played/won since this feature was implemented and how many games you played/won this month.

• Like 1
  • SeemsGood 1

I will start by saying sorry for bad english :D

So what about the old players ? for example i play here for like ..idk,arround 5-6y i guess.And for sure i am not the only 1 who plays here from years ago so i want to ask if there is a way for old players to benefit of this ? if i count all my pvp activity on chars i can reach 200k lifetime kills and everyone arround knows i dont do arena and just bgs.I say it because many of us already spent a lot of time doing bgs .I am grateful to see some staff members after so many years started to apply those stuffs but if it counts only from the day it was applyed,in my opinion is not fair.I dont really use credits but maybe others do.

7 minutes ago, Olana said:

So what about the old players ? for example i play here for like ..idk,arround 5-6y i guess.And for sure i am not the only 1 who plays here from years ago so i want to ask if there is a way for old players to benefit of this ? if i count all my pvp activity on chars i can reach 200k lifetime kills and everyone arround knows i dont do arena and just bgs.I say it because many of us already spent a lot of time doing bgs .I am grateful to see some staff members after so many years started to apply those stuffs but if it counts only from the day it was applyed,in my opinion is not fair.I dont really use credits but maybe others do.

My turtle has started ,see you 2020 or maybe 20229_9

1/500

Edited by Quimera
  • Like 1

Nonsense, work for your rewards like everyone else,  you bloody peasants.

• Like 1

Great idea just 500 does seem like a little much and after your first 3 rewards in 50 days it's odd that your next rewards are all more than a month apart at 50 days. Is this something you could reset every 6 months and make it act like battleground seasons? So top price would be playing a BG every day within the 6 month time frame before everyone reverts to 0 for the next 'season'.

26 minutes ago, Olana said:

92043 hk's since your last BG reward on your mage (Grand Marshal) and you still kept going, I guess you will be fine playing for 500 more days since u will be getting rewards now :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7Xg033%[email protected] said:

Great idea just 500 does seem like a little much and after your first 3 rewards in 50 days it's odd that your next rewards are all more than a month apart at 50 days. Is this something you could reset every 6 months and make it act like battleground seasons? So top price would be playing a BG every day within the 6 month time frame before everyone reverts to 0 for the next 'season'.

Is the Oxford University exam?

You have to finish this time

LOL

Personally, I think this is pretty awesome. And I feel it might encourage a few take-it-or-leave-it PvPer's to be a bit more active to boot. I will certainly be tempted to do at least one BG a day, across at least half-a-dozen alts or more alts. That Drake looks very tempting indeed. 500 days? No problem, means there will be very few peeps riding around on it and the Kudos points even tastier.

Good job Devs & Gms.

• Like 1

We indeed planned to make it more like "monthly season" style at some point during our discussion, but later we decided it may be not what we are trying to achieve by implementing this. Our goal is to encourage players to play at least one battleground every day, even those players that are not interested in PvP. That's why we don't even ask you to win a game but just play (this might change in future, if we see a reason). We don't want to turn this into a competition. Thus resetting progress after X days feels unfair towards players who have started their progress in the middle of "season" or closer to an end.

• Like 2

I missed a thing,so you say if i play for example 5 bgs / day only 1 is counted ?

• NotLikeThis 1