Nerokk

New Battleground Activity Feature

On 29.10.2018 at 11:53 PM, Azelen said:

To clear some things up: you can play as many games as you want every day, but only the first game is counted towards milestone progress. It can be either win or loss.

• Like 1

Amazing news! Hehe these small custom thingies are lovely! I hope this will help revamp the battleground scene a bit!

Great start here! As someone who is really here for the PVE, I saw the BOJs and thought “heck yeah, I’ll do BGs!” My only suggestion is to add BOJs throughout the rewards (Gems / vanity pets don’t seem like enough to keep me going. The mount was a great choice though!). I also recommend making the rewards smaller but more frequent. It’s easy to chase a reward if I know I get it once a week but harder if I don’t get another reward until 50 days later. Even if the 50 day reward is proportionally larger than the once a week reward, that just isn’t how humans are programmed

Hope my opinion helps, still really awesome start and really excited to see the work you all are putting into the server! I’ll be on excal for life because the community, staff and the server itself are the best I’ve ever played, keep up the great work!

Edited by Wolfbow
Less is more
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 6:21 AM, Wolfbow said:

Great start here! As someone who is really here for the PVE, I saw the BOJs and thought “heck yeah, I’ll do BGs!” My only suggestion is to add BOJs throughout the rewards (Gems / vanity pets don’t seem like enough to keep me going. The mount was a great choice though!). I also recommend making the rewards smaller but more frequent. It’s easy to chase a reward if I know I get it once a week but harder if I don’t get another reward until 50 days later. Even if the 50 day reward is proportionally larger than the once a week reward, that just isn’t how humans are programmed

Hope my opinion helps, still really awesome start and really excited to see the work you all are putting into the server! I’ll be on excal for life because the community, staff and the server itself are the best I’ve ever played, keep up the great work!

Yeah I think some people will currently just do the 10 wins for badges and never play BGs again. :(

Other than that, this thing is perfect. Actually made me play BGs again.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 11:39 PM, Nerokk said:

Greetings Players,

We have launched a new Battleground Activity feature! Now, players will be rewarded for the first battleground they complete each day. The rewards scale over time as you complete battlegrounds daily.

Milestones:

Daily reward - 500 honor and 10 gold for the first game of the day.

10 daily games completed = 10 Badge of Justice
20 daily games completed = Baby Shark
50 daily games completed = 3 Black Sack of Gems
100 daily games completed = Green Dragon Orb and 20 Large Blue Rocket Cluster
150 daily games completed = 3 Black Sack of Gems
200 daily games completed = Competitor's Souvenir and 20 Large Green Rocket Cluster
250 daily games completed = 3 Black Sack of Gems
300 daily games completed = Gold Medallion and 20 Large Red Rocket Cluster
350 daily games completed = 3 Black Sack of Gems
400 daily games completed = Romantic Picnic Basket , 20 Lucky Rocket Cluster , and Big Battle Bear
450 daily games completed = 3 Black Sack of Gems
500 daily games completed = Merciless Nether Drake , Contest Winner's Tabard , and 1,500 credits

You can check your progress with a command .bgcheck

~The ExcaliburWoW Staff

Theres gonna be hella epic gems popping out of nowhere in approx. 1 month. :D

I don't wanna sound greedy (honestly just thinking about how to get the most out of this feature to make pvp more active), but day 100, 200, 300 and rewards are a bit meh. Maybe change 150, 250, 350 rewards to 2 sacks only (so we don't get a bazillion epic gems) and add badges of justice to day 100/200/300. Maybe 10 each, or 5, 10 and 15?

On 6/11/2018 at 1:29 AM, Olana said:

Bgs are fun..when horde does not have 3-4 healers every wsg ^^

QPvlyhd.jpg

I agree with you.. 

• Haha 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

6 hours ago, Carebot said:

If this is giving good results what about doing the same/simillar for arena? 

Perhaps it would be too many gifts. Maybe something else could be thought of for arena.

Edited by Spacey

7 hours ago, Carebot said:

If this is giving good results what about doing the same/simillar for arena? 

You can already complete the daily BG in arena aswell, both skirmish and rated work