Jump to content
Varikina

Vote event October

Recommended Posts

The toplists have reset and we are starting a new vote event. If the spots on both sites are reached before the 15th of October the rates will be upped for 3 days!

 

- reach a place in the top 5 on Gtop100 list

- reach a place in the top 5 on TopG list

- reach a place in the top 15 on Xtremetop100 list

- reach a place in the top 15 on Top100arena list

 

We will double the following rates for all factions: experience, resting, honor, item drop, gathering and gold.

Be sure to login to our account tools at: http://account.excalibur.ws/ and click on the voting tab.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just voted for the first time in ages, I don't need the rewards but I need MORE PLAYERS.

 

Votevotevotevote

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

voting doesnt help, this belongs to the past, its should be clear to everyone by now, what does help are the following suggestions what i wrote in the suggestions thread

18 hours ago, Thedruid said:

What I would STRONGLY suggest to consider, if you didnt have time or will to read through all my suggestions are:

 

1. SERVER WIDE MILESTONES - when completed, awards will be given and not some monthly voting goals, the voting websites belong to the past, im talking about installing RAF option to the server and first milestone would be like getting 100 new ppl via RAF to lvl 70, all ppl involved get some reward.

 

2. Contacting well known YOUTUBERS to make reviews of our server - also giving them the means to do that, by that i mean giving a FULLY geared trial char, so they could show the GOOD about the scripts of this server, because this server IS the most blizzlike TBC server out there, BY FAR!!

 

3. Making a NEW front end to this SITE - i cant stress how much the first impression counts man .... new people come here and see that the webpage is outdated, 10 years old, no new features like guild overview, better armory and all that stuff, they just leave, there you go, you just lost a new player, because the FRONT END of this site is ****.

 

 

i read somewhere that the devs are constantly fixing some bugs, stop it, for crying out loud, stop it!!! if the bug is some minor quest bug, stop it ffs. you guys need to put focus on updating all the updated crap and also MARKETING, marketing through vote sites belongs to the past

 

why warmane is so successful? because of good marketing and updated features, ofc people make real life money there as well, which would intrique to play there, but dont tell me that all the 10k ppl that are online are bots or money makers, hell no. 

 

with a year, a fockn year, the server population has decreased 50%, A SERVER WHICH IS 99.95% BLIZZLIKE, how the ***k is that possible??? and dont tell me, "ooh people leave because of summer" and "oh people leave because of new expansion"" and all that BS, because even during summer we had server pop over 1k++ during evenings, now its 700. during legion launch i didnt even notice server population to decrease, which was FAR BETTER EXPANSION THAN BFA..........

 

 

here are my suggestions and take them seriously please, because i can see the server population decrease daily

 

-sigh-

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2018 at 5:20 PM, Thedruid said:

voting doesnt help, this belongs to the past, its should be clear to everyone by now, what does help are the following suggestions what i wrote in the suggestions thread

Good point mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, niMsoC said:

Good point mate. 

thanks, but it seems to me people who own this server dont care or have the will to put time into this server anymore, i guess its the beginning of the end whats going on atm

  • Like 1
  • NotLikeThis 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did consider every suggestion and some of them are good, but can not be added over night. The vote event has been a regular thing for some time now and players like to rely on double rates every month. Until we think of a good way to make double rates through a different system we will keep the voting events as they currently are.

 

Regards~

  • Thanks 1
  • Doge 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Varikina

what you guys should do is a server wide poll to each suggestion, this is the only method to determine if the suggestion is good or not, many decisions what were done by the developers have actually backfired..

  • NotLikeThis 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Thedruid said:

@Varikina

what you guys should do is a server wide poll to each suggestion, this is the only method to determine if the suggestion is good or not, many decisions what were done by the developers have actually backfired..

So any idea supported by majority of the server would be error proof then?

Edited by Ziorthedood
  • SeemsGood 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ziorthedood said:

So any idea supported by majority of the server would be error proof then?

 Not really, but whatever decisions GMs come up with, they should do a poll if this should be launched or not. 

 

or

 

Come up with 2 similar ideas, but both are a bit different, so server chooses which one to implement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there was some changes that were not bad but population went down abit since them you cant 100 % say they had an impact in population drop but u can theorize the change im talking about is for example 50g per vote point thing that used to exist personaly i liked the change but it coulda hurt the pop in someway overtime 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cathys said:

And you think by any chance this would change something? 90% of the players on this server has no idea what to change and how to change it to increase the population and you wanna make those people decide over changes? Like you want the devs to stop fixing bugs and improving the server?

Ive already wrote it in another topic with the similiar discussion: The staff is limited in things to do to increase the population. You can get 5000 new players each day. When they read world chat or ask for help on excalibur none of them will stay because why should they start on a toxic server? 

Before you demand the administration to change things the community should change their behaviour first. 
Its about getting excalibur more publicity. Thats something everybody can do without the gms help.


P.S: there werent that many bad changes in the past. Just tell me one.

dude, this wasnt even my main point over at suggestions discussion, it was one of many, which would help to improve the server to become better and what you mean about toxic server? this server is like any other server ive played in, some people aret toxic some are not, its their human nature its who they are..

 

and im not demanding for crying out loud, im only suggesting and if my suggestions are bad in the developers eyes, its fine, its they who lose players, not me

 

and one more thing, what ever you wrote in your point of view doesnt really matter to me, because you dont play any role in this server, except being some guild leader..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thedruid said:

dude, this wasnt even my main point over at suggestions discussion, it was one of many, which would help to improve the server to become better and what you mean about toxic server? this server is like any other server ive played in, some people aret toxic some are not, its their human nature its who they are..

 

and im not demanding for crying out loud, im only suggesting and if my suggestions are bad in the developers eyes, its fine, its they who lose players, not me

 

and one more thing, what ever you wrote in your point of view doesnt really matter to me, because you dont play any role in this server, except being some guild leader..

Well reading all your posts is like listening to a 7 year old crying little girl. Sorry if it sounds harsh. 
Its no the "developers" losing players (btw they are just a part of a huge team ;)) ) its US losing players. As long as you dont count yourself as part of the server and as part of the solution you can cry as much as you want. You wont change anything. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” 
― Mahatma Gandhi

 

~Regards, and thanks for supporting the hankies industries with all your tears.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cathys said:

Well reading all your posts is like listening to a 7 year old crying little girl. Sorry if it sounds harsh. 
Its no the "developers" losing players (btw they are just a part of a huge team ;)) ) its US losing players. As long as you dont count yourself as part of the server and as part of the solution you can cry as much as you want. You wont change anything. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” 
― Mahatma Gandhi

 

~Regards, and thanks for supporting the hankies industries with all your tears.

Ofc you would start to assume how old i am, i wouldnt except nothing lesser from a prick like you, but one funny thing i noticed tho, you said before that the server is toxic, i think its time to look into the mirror mate, starting to tell things about people crying, i instantly understand that you have a toxic mind haha.

 

also the quote what you brought up here by the great Mahatma Gandhi is absolutely useless in this context here tbh, i have no power whatssoeever to change how the server works and operates, nor i have power to teach manners to kids like you.. sorry for being harsh to you.

  • SeemsGood 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This IS the most blizzlike server out there. There has to be some marketing wrapped around that. maybe something like side by side youtube's of someone streaming retail from back in the day and then showing someone's stream from the server today showing how the are almost exactly the same. That would draw interest. Also, having 100% functioning vanilla content is a big deal too. you have two servers in one if you wanted to. All kinds of options with using that content for marketing as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double rates will be active from Friday 19th 00:01 to Sunday 21st 23:59 server time. Have fun!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been calling Excalibur-wow my second home for quite a few years.Every since the expansion of the private servers has stalled,i've been looking for a good TBC server to play on.I still farm mats from time to time,but it's saddening to see that the server feels quite abandoned now like there's no desire for improvement,instead it's slowly dying.I can name a few worse private servers that have success,but excalibur is not there,this server is good,has decent players and quite a mature community.This server needs some serious advertising and updated vote shop,there's the same items for years ever since people could not vote for gold anymore.Also i feel that the removal of BOJ from classical raids was a mistake,and adding 5 of them to the last boss will not fix it,because people want to go through the whole raid instead of rushing to the last boss,just for nostalgia purposes,and it feels more rewarding 1boj/boss.Thank you for all these years,and i hope it runs for 10 more.

Edited by scuter0143
bad english
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 8:53 AM, Thedruid said:

@Varikina

what you guys should do is a server wide poll to each suggestion, this is the only method to determine if the suggestion is good or not, many decisions what were done by the developers have actually backfired..

Well, I am against democratic means on such matters. The server admins will have to make the decisions, not the players. The reason is quite simple. The server admins must take responsibility. Players that feel that can actively help should contact the admins, and assist them. Voting for suggestions could easily lead to wrong conclusions since players most likely are not familiar with the marketing or other procedures. These are known issues since the ancient Greek democracy (see Socrates).

 

On some other topic, I made some points and added some suggestions, but I think that the admins should open an official channel between them and players, in order to listen to suggestions, and then make their decisions. Even though big changes take time, I think the time is of the essence, because right now the server population is getting close to a critically low point. If it goes below a certain number of players, it will simply collapse, since people will not be able to find BGs or Heroics, and will quickly abandon the server for some other server or some other game. I would like to see the server admins open an official channel of communication with the players in order to listen to suggestion, and then make their decision. I know this is a delicate issue, but it's an issue that has to be dealt with as soon as possible.

Edited by Hekati

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hekati said:

On some other topic, I made some points and added some suggestions, but I think that the admins should open an official channel between them and players, in order to listen to suggestions, and then make their decisions. 

Hm, what you are talking about is called a "Suggestions" subforum here.

GMs constantly look through all of them and give responses. 

 

If you need to immediately contact a GM / Dev - their personal messages are always open for those in need.

If you need an in-game assistance, type /join gmhelp. It's full of players ready to help and you may often find a GM online there, too.


Though I agree with the first part of your post. The Staff should decide on such things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bon said:

Hm, what you are talking about is called a "Suggestions" subforum here.

GMs constantly look through all of them and give responses. 

 

If you need to immediately contact a GM / Dev - their personal messages are always open for those in need.

If you need an in-game assistance, type /join gmhelp. It's full of players ready to help and you may often find a GM online there, too.


Though I agree with the first part of your post. The Staff should decide on such things.

2

Ah thanks, i didn't notice the post made there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×